Beiträge von bazmattaz

But OZ uses it's own config file called Defaults.plist.

The best think you can do is to add your own defaults.plist (defaults.plist) into /EFI/Oz and keep this thing always up to date.

I'm very sorry - but where does this EFI drive live? Are you talking about the bootable USB installer? I use a bootable USB that i made with Unibeast tool that has an EFI folder - i can add this files here if that is right?

But OZ uses it's own config file called Defaults.plist. The best think you can do is to add your own defaults.plist To apply the defaults boot into Bios Setup and perform a 4 Finger P-Ram rest (alt+cmd+p+r).

Surely the "4 Finger P-Ram rest" is for a REAL Mac?? I'm using a hackintosh? so why would this work in my GigaByte bios??? I'm really confused.

Finally - I added the Unsolid.kext to the EFI on my bootable USB but it didnt affect the install process - I found that my drive was still formatted as APFS after it failed to install

Zitat

do you use a Defaults.plist containing the SMBIOS-Infos?Does that contain all the necessary entries and newest ROM-data which have to used for High Sierra?

I built a USB with Unibeast tool from another site and then opened the config.plist with Clover Configurator and set a SMBios with Clover. I can semd a screenshot if you need.

BUT - surealy Ozmosis doesnt need a clover config??

Hi Griven,

Thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately, I STILL ave not been able to install High Sierra.

Here is what I did;

• Downloaded your BIOS ROM attached above.
    • Flashed my Z77N-WIFI with ROM with success
    • Went into BIOS and Set IO Serial Port to disabled
    • Booted into El Capitan to see if all was working - everything was fine
    • In El Capitan - I added Unsolid.Kext to the EFI folder on my bootable USB (This is a Unibeast USB with Clover - is this ok????)
    • booted into the USB and proceeded to install High Sierra
    • Installation rebooted

After the second reboot, I got the same annoying Error message I always get - "macOS could not be installed on your computer"

I'm tearing my hair out! I dont understand why this is happening! ||

some questions;

• You say to add unsolid.kect to the EFI - where is this EFI? is this vanilla install OR clover install?
    • You tell me "you need to adjust some SMBIOS values" where do I do this??? I adjusted these values in Clover Configurator and tried that but still its not working!!!

Any help would be great.
    Thank you!

As long as you don't plan to upgrade to HighSierra use this ROM instead: Mod für das Z77N-Wifi. The HighSierra ready ROM Images include the APFS driver which needs a lot of space in the Image. In order to fit all the necessary stuff in there some other components have left out. In This case it seems like the Theme is missing. OZ tries to initialize the UI and fails because of missing theme.

Wow thanks for your reply Griven.

Can I ask questions:

1 - I want to use high Sierra. Does this mean I cannot use high Sierra?

2 - Is there a way I can upgrade to High Sierra with the Sierra ROM? If I don't change the hard drive to APFS format? Can I keep the same hard rive format as Sierra?

3 - Finally is there a way I can load the APFS driver outside of this rom?

Thank you

Hi there,

I've been reading this forum through google translate. Sorry I'm from Ireland and have no German :(

I have been reading loads about Ozmosis - its sounds like an amazing tool!

So I wanted to flash my BIOS (GA-Z77N-WIFI) for Windows 10 & El Capitan to dual boot. I already have booth dual booting with F2 Bios of my motherboard.

I downloaded the Ozmosis rom with HighSierra Support from this forum (Mod für das Z77N-Wifi)

I extracted the Rom to the usb and flashed the bios.

When the computer restarts I loaded ‘Optimised defaults’.

Then I tried to boot into Windows OR OSX and nothing happens. I created a vanilla OSX installer USB (with No clover) but even this will not boot.

All I see is a black box or something similar. See the image attached!

I tried to boot into a Windows Rescue USB and I just got a grey box on the screen - nothing else.

I can boot into BIOS but nothing else?

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help everyone - sorry for my lack of German.