Beiträge von sarkdavidson

Hello,

unfortunately I don't have the hardware available. So i cant test anything. Can you replicate the errors or signal lost?

MFG Patrick

(Just saw your rely!)

Here is the story. Now I hocked my eGPU (tried with RX560 and RX580) to my NUC8i7BEH, and booted from on-board HDMI, it worked just fine. Video acceleration can only (partially) work when my monitor is connected to eGPU. Partially here I mean, h264/h265 decoding works fine but doesn't work with exporting HEVC 8bit/10bit. Previewing footages in FCPX is really smooth and is HW accelerated (via eGPU). However, I cannot boot from my eGPU (see -v snapshot below).

Hey, Patrick! Are you going to test the eGPU? I can not boot with your EFI with my NUC8i7BEH, possibly because I am currently using the 0056 bios. Current EFI attached, i did manage to run with eGPU (rx560) and be able to render videos in FCPX with eGPU HW acceleration. But it can be unstable and automatically loses signals.

Dateien

• EFI.zip

(12,12 MB, 104 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

@ Patrick World Hey Patrick! With your EFI, Mojave seems to work on my NUC8i7BEH. I wonder if you have some rendering in Final Cut Pro? It will definitely crash when it starts to render in the background or export videos. Also, ethernet does not work on my build, DPCIManager snapshots attached. With "Efinuc8.zip", the ethernet works though, so I would like to know how to fix it. Thanks.

Dateien

• snapshots.zip

(9,07 MB, 107 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
    • efi-nuc8.zip

(6,74 MB, 124 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )