Beiträge von TotalInsanity4

Then where's your DSDT?
    How should we be able to help if you don't show us what you've already got? ;)

I've now deleted it, since I figured it's probably going to do more harm than good in the long run and there already should be one inside of Ozmosis. I basically just applied RehabMan's patch for my board in the hopes it'd solve my problems. I still have my original backup though (attached below), and I can patch that if I know what it is I need to do.

Zitat

Also make sure that you have the Lilu.kext in your /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common folder, since AppleALC-OZM needs that since version 1.1.0

I got super excited because I wasn't aware that I needed that (it's not included in the audio wiki), but I just tested it out and even with AppleALC-OZM.kext and Lilu.kext in my Common folder, my audio bar is still grayed out :huh:

Ozmosis normally includes a compressed special version of VoodooHDA.Kext, called "DADE1009-1B31-4FE4-8557-26FCEFC78275_VoodooHdaKext.ffs" here. And this is made for Quo's ALC892 and the ALC1150, and it's running well --- you do not need another sound kext, if you use it. And if you don't like to use this Voodoo-Kext you have to be sure, that it is not inside your BIOS-Rom, because it will block any other sound-kext.
    It's not a verry small one, so it's thrown out of Ozmosis by many builds to make place for other kexts, but I still use it for my Quo-Oz and my Ga-Z97M-G5-Oz..

If there is a Voodoo kext in my BIOS it certainly isn't doing anything for me. I used the BIOS ROM from this exact post... How do I go about opening it up to check what all it contains?

Dateien

• DSDT.aml

(67,7 kB, 152 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

For whatever reason, I cannot seem to get audio working with Ozmosis (probably because I don't know what I'm doing). Right now audio is the only thing I've noticed that isn't working, because all the other kexts are preloaded by the BIOS. I've placed "AppleALC-OZM.kext" into EFI/OZ/Darwin/Extensions/Common, I've (attempted, but probably incorrectly) edited my DSDT and placed it into EFI/OZ/Acpi/Load, but I still get a grayed-out sound bar...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I hope to do a lot of audio-related tasks on this computer

First of all, I apologize that this isn't in German; I'm learning the language, but don't know enough to write a coherent guide. If someone wants to provide a translation, I'd happily include it.

Background: (skip to "solution" if you don't care about it)

As you may already know, Ozmosis is a handy macOS bootloader that is designed to fit into a motherboard's BIOS. This allows for a very clean macOS environment, as most of the patching is done before the OS even loads. Unfortunately, there's only so much space on the BIOS chip to fit everything someone would need to patch, so the overflow is all loaded from the EFI partition of the boot drive... or rather, the first drive that it finds on boot.

This is, in almost every case, a very good way to seek out the drive, as most users will be using only a single drive inside of their Hackintosh. And, even if they are dualbooting, the issue of having a Windows/Linux drive found before the macOS drive can be solved quickly by swapping the cables. However, there are a few edge cases in which this won't work, and I was unlucky enough to stumble across one of them.

I own two drives: a 120GB m.2 solid state drive that I dual boot both macOS Sierra and Windows 10 off of, and a 1TB hard drive that I use for storage across both OSs. The hard drive was previously formatted under a GUID partition scheme using OS X Mavericks, which meant that it had an EFI partition tacked onto it. Now it is formatted as NTFS, and until I installed Ozmosis I didn't even notice the EFI partition was there. Unfortunately, it became a thorn in my side when I realized that, for whatever reason, Gigabyte decided that m.2 SSDs should be the LAST drive on their motherboards to initialize, meaning that no matter what SATA port the hard drive was plugged into, Ozmosis would always drop its external folders into its EFI partition.

I knew then that the only way to solve my problem would be to get rid of the EFI partition on the hard drive, otherwise I would never be able to get sound on my Hackintosh! But, after looking online, I found that the overwhelming consensus was that the only way to get rid of an EFI partition was to completely wipe the drive. Disheartened, I was about to invest in an external hard drive when I finally found this guide on mede8erforum, showing EXACTLY what I wanted to do! :hurra:

Solution:
    Unfortunately, the GUI portion of the guide appears to be outdated now. Fortunately, the Terminal version isn't, so I will provide a writeup of that part here for anyone who needs it

Open Terminal

Find the identification number of the offending EFI partition by typing in
    diskutil list
    Your output should look something like this:

In this case, the partition we want to get rid of is "disk0s1," so we need to unmount disk0 by typing
    diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk0
    Remember, though, to replace "disk0" with the drive your unwanted partition is on

Finally, to remove the EFI partition, type in
    sudo gpt remove -i 1 disk0
    WARNING! REMEMBER TO REPLACE "disk0" WITH THE DRIVE WITH THE EFI PARTITION YOU WANT TO REMOVE

After this, because you have typed a "sudo" command, Terminal will ask you to type your password. After you have done that, hit enter, and you should get a confirmation saying that "disk0s1 has been removed," and after a few seconds your drive should re-mount automatically, with no more EFI partition!

Yes there is just swap the drives SATA cables and you're done.

OZ will always grab the first available drive with an useable EFI Partition to drop it´s files on. If there is more than one drive present which fulfill this requirements OZ will pick the first one in the chain, if not it´ll pick the only one in the chain which is suitable to put it´s files on. So make sure your OS-X drive is connected to the first physically available SATA Port and everything should be fine.

That uh... will be a problem. My boot drive is m.2 and my secondary is a SATA hard drive. Is it possible to delete Ozmosis-related stuff from the hard drive EFI and just unplug it? Ozmosis should generate files on the m.2 SSD then, correct?

Edit: Except then when I plug the drive in it would just use the hard drive again, wouldn't it...

Edit2: The hard drive is only a data drive that I had initially formatted with OS X before reformatting it in Windows; I'm assuming that's why it has an EFI partition. Is it safe to just remove that partition with Disk Utility or will that mess up my drive?

(Probably last) Edit3: I did some digging, it looks like I can't remove the EFI partition without deleting the entire drive, which is a problem because there's important stuff on it that I'd like to keep. I COULD move the SATA cable down one, but I'm nervous that macOS might pull something like this, unless OZ checks for the partition while in BIOS and not during boot of macOS, in which that wouldn't be an issue and that's my solution

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this (it almost definitely is), but I do have a problem related to the guide; when I flashed my BIOS using one of the provided files from here, Ozmosis seems to have installed into the EFI partition of my secondary drive, not the one I use to boot MacOS. This obviously doesn't leave me with an unbootable machine, but it means that for instance I can't install audio drivers. Is there a way to manually change what EFI partition Ozmosis uses?