Beiträge von poof

Hello Hackintoshers!

Currently I'm running MacOS High Sierra with my custom Ozmosis Bios on my Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK motherboard and Mac15,1 i7-4790k Haswell compatible CPU. I'm very happy because everything works (iMessage, Sound and even Sleep!). I haven't switched to Catalina yet because Apple and Nvidia aren't friends anymore, but I will when I buy an AMD graphics card.

If I transfer all my Ozmosis default.plist settings to OpenCore, will I be guaranteed everything will keep working?

Or are they different in a way that might influence this?

Maybe you think I should migrate to OpenCore even on High Sierra? Is this easy to do?

Thank you!

Sorry for not writing in German, I can read it though so replying in German is fine for me :)

Oef, I also had trouble with Ozmosis and the EFI partition it picks for local files. They should have added a test to see if one of the EFI partition already has an OZ folder and load that.

The problem I'm in now is that I formatted my M.2 drive from NTFS to APFS and suddenly MacOS wouldn't boot correctly. I first thought the boot loader wasn't able to handle the APFS format, but formatting it to HFS+ didn't solve it.

To my surprise (and thanks to your post) I found out Ozmosis now picked the M.2 drive's EFI partition for the OZ local files. I guess on my board the M.2 drive is available first... So now I'm just going to copy my OZ files there and hopefully this will solve my problem.

If I don't come back here, it did ;)

Hi all,

My first hackintosh used bootloaders that allowed me to change the bootargs at boot time.

This allowed me to add something like nv_disable=1 temporary, so I could install the webdrivers and reboot without the argument after a restart.

Is there something like this in Ozmosis? Now I need to login to my windows boot, mount the efi partition, edit the defaults.plist, reboot and reset NVRAM, boot into macOS, mount the efi partition again, edit the defaults.plist again, reboot and reset NVRAM... I'm probably not the first to find this cumbersome.

Thanks,

Niels

Google's translation from German to English isn't that good and my German isn't that good either, but put them together and I was able to understand everything you wrote :P

I'm currently trying to make some changes to my DSDT (and probably the SaSSDT...?) to rename GFX0 > IGPU and PEGP (or PEG0...) > GFX0. I can't find info about how adding a DSDT.aml to EFI/OZ/APCI/Load will change things and if I'm able to disable it when something goes wrong. Can I overwrite a SSDT or do I need to drop them all? how would I go about that?

I posted what I'm trying to change in my DSDT and why on a different forum, help on this or how it all works with ozmosis would be very much appreciated.