Beiträge von miljoneir

MacPeet

Sorry for using English, I can only read but not really write or speak German :/

Thank you for the CLOVER zip. I was able to fully get Catalina to run on my T61.

One problem: changing brightness only works now in the system usb installer, but not in the installed OS. Even when both are started with the same clover config/kext. I recheck 20 times, and it is fully reproducible.

Any idea why? (I also retried with a Mohave install)

I used the latest catalina version 10.15.3 from the app store. Did they break brightness changing again in a new update?

Above you mentioned "Helligkeitsproblem ab Sierra lösen". How did you do this? The same modification in the DSDT?

In Sierra and high sierra, I was able to change brightness using a 3th party app like 'Brightness slider' from the app store. This app does not work in mohave/catalina due to the change in DSDT I think.

Thanks in advance,

I am able to change brightness using the latest clover and the dsdt from the el capitan thread and using an app to change brightness.
    It is in the appstore and is called "Brightness Slider".
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brightness-slider/id456624497?mt=12
    You can then set your own keyboard shortcut.

Tested on both sierra and high sierra.

But did you ever found out how to get brightness change to work normally?

I'm sorry for the reply in English, I can read German but not really write it.