Beiträge von 43n79w

Verify which keyboard layout you have chosen in the upper right corner, this is not a driver issue...

My keyboard gets detected as a Canadian one. I have tried switching to an American one using the upper-right corner (among other layouts) too. But still I can't type the slash key or use shift.

However, maybe I inserted the .ffs files incorrectly. The input is still not perfect. What I did is I just inserted Usbkbdxe in the free space after all the Ozmosis modules. I inserted the Apple module after that one. I apologize if this is a bit of a newbie question, but was I supposed to do something different? For example, does Usbkbdxe replace an existing module in the firmware?

UPDATE:
    It never occurred to me to use my recovery key to get in. So I used that and the login screen was stable enough to accept all the characters in the recovery key. Once logged in, I changed my password. So if anybody is trying this out, make sure you set a local recovery key and write it down. You'll need to be prepared that the password you choose might not work on the login screen.

Thank you everybody for your help and patience, especially considering I don't even speak your language!

Unfortunately I tried that. I should have mentioned it. But it didn't work either. I am in Canada so I believe my keyboard is an American one. The slash key is directly to the left of the Shift key and doesn't require shift to be entered.

I can get into the Recovery partition and mount the volume just fine there. I tried to reset my password through Recovery and that worked, but it didn't change the password needed to mount the Filevault volume. So I think I am out of options. I have backups, but I was hoping not to have to resort to a full restore.

Insert the 2 files attached here by Download-Fritz into your Bios and try again.

OK. I discovered that if I plugged a USB mouse into my wired Apple keyboard, that I was able to type into the password field. However, it was very unstable and I could not enter my password.

So I added those 2 .ffs into my BIOS, flashed the updated firmware and things are a little better in that I can type into the password field. However, I can't type one character that I need (it is the slash / character). It seems like I can only type lowercase letters, numbers, and a few extra symbols. Without being able to type the slash character and use the shift key for uppercase letters, I can't seem to login :(

Any idea what else I can try?

Sorry, I do not speak German but I am trying to understand this thread using Google Translate. I have a Gigabyte UP5-TH with latest Ozmosis. I enabled FileVault 2. But now ever time I boot I get to the FileVault user selection screen. At this point my mouse and keyboard stop working. The computer is still running because I get a message after a couple of minutes telling me to hold down the Power button if I'm having problems entering the password. Since my keyboard doesn't work, I can't enter my password at all, or even choose the user to login to the computer as.

I have tried using every single USB port and seemingly every combination of BIOS option related to USB. Nothing appears to get the keyboard to work at this unlock screen.

Would anybody be able to help? I am very new to Ozmosis and just flashed my BIOS with a version of 167X I found online.