x299 pro/se freeze in Monterey or Ventura

• In Monterey or Ventura during sleep (or at least black screen before sleep) I get this random freeze and the computer does not respond neither to the wake request, nor to the power reset button, so I have to force Power OFF button for shutdown. No errors are indicated and no panics are recorded. It does not happen in Windows so it is definitely MacOS specific.I have not had the freeze in Big Sur, though I have noticed random reboots (no apparent reason). Anyone has a hint on what to chase here? My OC settings and Bios settings are in my signature link for the x299.

iMacPro1 smbios,1 I9-10920X, 64 GB RAM, 6900 XT AMD reference, Radeon Pro W6800, Radeon Pro W6600, 970-PRO NVME, WS 299 Pro/SE, OWC Accelsior 4M2

• You are going with XCPMConfigLock via OpenCore instead of using it unlocked via BIOS? Why do you do so?

Is there no Option for that?

Must be there, that might be the issue.

Quite much renames in ACPI Section, do you really need them? What’s your EFI built from? Full ACPI Patch based on the origin one?

startergo

Looked for that in your Textfile: found it and it is enabled, has to be disabled. Do so and don’t forget to disable the Quirk in OC. Should solve your issues.

• Thank you very much kaneske for the advise. I have changed the suggested settings and will monitor the performance.

Quite much renames in ACPI Section, do you really need them?

Are you talking about these?

What is wrong with them?

iMacPro1 smbios,1 I9-10920X, 64 GB RAM, 6900 XT AMD reference, Radeon Pro W6800, Radeon Pro W6600, 970-PRO NVME, WS 299 Pro/SE, OWC Accelsior 4M2

• You’re welcome.

Yes those, since Renaming isn’t that usual today I ask why you’re using such. You must know why you did them. Any Reasons?

• SMBS._ADR -> XSBU.XADR

Zitat

X299 system don't like this patch. (npci=0x2000(3000)
    I remove this and patched my system with
    SMBS._ADR -> XSBU.XADR

Probably not needed

Rename _DSM to XDSM (NVDIMM). This might not be needed, but look here:

Zitat

Renaming all _DSM to XDSM insures no existing _DSM at the NVMe SSD path. The _DSM injection via SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml will not work if there is an existing _DSM at that path.

Probably not needed.

Rename HEC1 to IMEI (PAVP) and Rename IDER to MEID (PAVP) as per Apple's naming convention.

HPET _CRS to XCRS Rename, RTC IRQ 8 Patch, TMR IRQ 0 Patch are generated by SSDTTime

Fix RTC Range is from  khronokernel

I have updated the config removing some renames in GitHub.

Unfortunately I got the freeze again after a few hours of inactivity with the current setup. What gives?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von startergo () aus folgendem Grund: Update

• Either this or defective RAM.

If you have working XCPM, of course.

• How do you map your usb things. Sounds like an usb issue.

I use USBMap.kext, SSDT-X299-XHC.aml, SSDT-X299-XHCI.aml here.

Either this or defective RAM.

If you have working XCPM, of course.

How come the issue does not manifest itself in Windows if it was a defective RAM?

Interesting I have set up last night XMP profile for the RAM in BIOS and this morning the PC was not frozen.

• nteresting I have set up last night XMP profile for the RAM in BIOS and this morning the PC was not frozen. Online

macOS is more Vulnerable in RAM issues than Windows is. XMP off may help many others with sleep.

Maybe you can set Timings manually and check if problem occurs.

• Create a bootable usb thumbdrive with memtest on it. Boot with that drive and check your RAM completely.
    i also have an x299 board, I don’t use unnecessary kexts or quirks.
    i have an usb-ssdt and it works fine.
    before I used a kext for that and also have problems with sleep / hibernate and some freezes.

Take a look on how to create a custom usb ssdt. Trust me it is worth it.

• there are many sources on the web try to search for "USB-SSDT Hackintosh" also there is an how to here in the forum.

in the attachment you'll find my ssdt for reference. But you need to change the entire ports and settings to your needs.

Read everything attentive, it's hard for the first time. But I think it's the best way to map the usb ports correctly.

• for me, in my case, this is in another SSDT, which I also use for Ethernet.
    But I won't share it.

for this you need add some code like this:

• So I guess the Idea is to reset RHUB found in the original SSDT

And Insert a new device Device (XHUB) with select properties?

Isn't it easier to modify the original SSDT and drop it during loading replacing with the modified?

There is an example for creating an SSDT.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von startergo ()

• Yes you're right.

You can also drop the original (it's the same way I suggested). or better you'll have to do it. If not all the crap things you don't need would be loaded (there are many ACPI things which aren't related (mostly) to Apple Computers.

and at the end of that file add the power delivery things. Or place this functionality on top of your ssdt. It doesn't matter.

But if you use the same original ssdt, there is too much unnecessary crap in it, this is why it would better to create a new one from what actually is in the original ssdt.

• Replaced the USB Mapping with SSDT from kext.

Still freezing.

Now added CPUfriend.kext

Last night I replaced the TSCAdjustReset.kext with the CpuTscSync.kext. The computer was awake this morning. No freeze though.

Looks like Handoff is preventing the sleep.

Dateien

• XHC.zip

(8,89 kB, 66 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von startergo ()

• I have replaced the MOBO with a similar one:

x299 SAGE (no 10G ethernet) and there are no more freezes so far. I have noticed that the previous board had bad CMOS battery (around 0.3VDC), but I don't think that would have caused such issues. Most probably the board itself.