Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC Bios Settings / DDR Speichersteckplatz Problem

• Guten Tag,

leider komm ich aktuell nicht weiter und hänge im "loadingsscreen" Balken fest. Bin mir sicher das die Bios Settings falsch sind. Fand u.a. die von Roy.

• deactivate I2C and ESPI (essential to solve the random freeze problem) it must be in BIOS (advanced mode) under Settings -> AMD CBS -> FCH Common Options NEW BiosVersion 14c, no longer necessary
    • if applicable, set PCIe slot to Gen4 instead of Auto (may contribute to a better stability) NEW BiosVersion 14c, no longer necessary
    • enable X.M.P. memory profile
    • disable trusted computing
    • disable wake and boot over LAN
    • enable power loading in Platform Power settings (may contribute to a better stability)
    • setup fan profiles
    • Other relevant default settings:
    • Above 4G Decoding: disabled enabled (bootoption: ncpi=2000 removed)
    • Resizable BAR support disabled
    • XHCI Hand-off: enabled
    • HPET: enabled
    • CSM support: enabled disabled
    • BIOS → Advanced Mode → Settings → Re-Size BAR Support, choose “Auto” (from version OC 0.7.5)
    • USB declared via DSDT by https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/user/34281-apfelnico/ (from version OC 0.7.5)

Doch irgendwie gehts immer noch net.

System:

AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Lyzeen 5800 XT

Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC

MacOS: Big Sur

EFI vom Onkel_Mikke ausprobiert

Hatte vorher ein MSI B550 Board und hatte dann gewechselt auf Gigabyte wegen technischen Problemen.

In der EFI mit SMBios die Mac Daten eingetragen. - nutze MacPro 7.1

In der Log Datei fand ich nichts auffälliges.

Grüße

• Hi

which OS are you trying to install?

Edit

If you like use this EFI

It should work for your system till Ventura OSX

if it boots we have to add ethernet kext for your motherboard

Dateien

• EFI.zip

(4,2 MB, 32 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Morning,

thanks for your help. I'm installed the big sure os. The Efi don't work and have some errors on the log. So i think it's the bios settings.

• So you have Gigabyte or MSI B550 motherboard?

This is a debug Opencore version

post log and if it hangs a photo where it hangs

on bios

Serial port (if you have it) Off

CSM off

4G on

UEFI on

Resizebar Disable

Dateien

• EFI.zip

(4,42 MB, 31 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Morning,

thanks for your help. I'm installed the big sure os. The Efi don't work and have some errors on the log. So i think it's the bios settings.

here could explain better? What do you see on the screen?

always a cursor?

Have you a working EFI with your Gigabyte for older OSX system?

• Yes, i seen only the cursor. Here is a EFI and works by a other Member from that forum, but that efi didn't work on my pc and i don't know why.

• Are you installing from an USB pen?

have you an EFI partition and inside this partition a folder called EFI with two subfolder Boot and OC?

if you have in this way and if you want to try again try this

If it hangs a phot please (if it is different from a flashing cursor)

I assume you have a 5800xt and a 6900xt (CPU/GPU)

Dateien

• EFI.zip

(9,89 MB, 31 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • I have tested that EFI and on the loading bar crashed after 2 seconds and the log file is empty. nice.

to your message: yes, that's correct. I have a folder EFI and on that are 2 subfolder with BOOT and OC.

And I'm using a usb stick for that.

and I can't boot your new efi into open core, cause error (s. picture)

Thanks for your help.

So.. maybe we need a person, that have the right bios settings? xD

• avus90

Load bios default settings

then Only

4Gon

CSM off

Uefi On

fastboot disabled

Legagy USB and Handoff Enabled you are trying to install Monterey from a full Installer, disconnect also your ethernet card till we can see icons boot loader menu

Ryzen CPU today is pretty simple to install :)

Those screen is with my latest EFI or from which one you posted as a link?

• avus90 ich habe die EFI von denn Onkel_Mikke angepasst OpenCore 0.7.5 zu OpenCore 0.8.5 DEV DEBUG

Und erstmal das SMBIOS von MacPro7,1 zu iMacPro1,1 geändert.

Sollte es nicht starten log an uns :)

• I'll probably look like crap what I will say :) , but if you use custom memory and latest restrictevents, you don't need to create the dimm modules map

For the 6900 xt the best SMBios is MacPro 7.1 (IMHO)

with it you can decide whether to boot arg pikera or not (along with whatevergreen) based on the outputs it sees from its board

Personally I don't use whatever green kext but it also works by using it with boot arg on the graphics card that has

however I hope it starts with that EFI the only doubt for me is if he has 4g On he should delete npci=0x3000 parameter or viceversa

• fabiosun

The SMBIOs can still be changed [wech]( Deepl )

I found this boot-args npci=0x3000 in your post #8 .

Post #10

You said that this on must be 4Gon

Then you should also adapt the EFI for it :)8o

• OSX-Einsteiger

That boot arg was present in the old working EFI of other user with old bootloader

It is advisable to use 4g option in bios than that npci bootarg

And user should be arrive to bootloader menu also with both used

Ps no polemics for me

👍

• avus90 ich habe die EFI von denn Onkel_Mikke angepasst OpenCore 0.7.5 zu OpenCore 0.8.5 DEV DEBUG

Und erstmal das SMBIOS von MacPro7,1 zu iMacPro1,1 geändert.

Sollte es nicht starten log an uns :)

Hey, leider bekomm ich damit auch den Fehler (siehe Bild).

fabiosun: your posted BIOS Settings are amazing. With that EFI => Link my old MacOS works from the MSI Board, but.. my USB ports don't working, so I can't use my mouth etc. So BIOS Settings are now correct (haha), but some problems.

And a complete new install doesn't work, cause USB Ports don't work and the install say "please use a mouse etc" :/

• You should not use a map of usb created for other user

Try disable usb kext (if you have it) and see if you see your keyboard and mouse (with usb cable)

If you use Bluetooth mouse/keyboard maybe you have to map properly your usb

Let see inside USBPort.kext in use:

original user mapped in this way based in his system use (ports used or BT)

Your is (could be ) different

For this reason you have no Mouse or keyboard avus90

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von fabiosun () aus folgendem Grund: I will try to explain better

• Thanks, usb is now working. Great

you have to see if in your daily usage if you could have the need to map USB

I have no need of this..but your platform could have to work properly in some parts (USB or BT if connected to internal USB ports

• Hallo avus90,

vielleicht hilft dir meine aktuelle EFI (Ventura ready) zum vergleichen.

Die FehlerMeldungen von OC liegen wohl an einer völlig falsch erstellten config.

Denke daran, dass du deinen Prozessor in den "kernelpatches" richtig angeben solltest.

Dateien

• OC.zip

(10,51 MB, 52 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

MacMini: M2 Chip CPU: 4 Performance-Kernen und 4 Effizienz-Kernen GPU: 10‑Core Neural Engine: 16-Core 8GB Cache 256 GB SSD

MacPro:7.1 Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 CL16 D GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB HDD: 1xM2 1TB

Bootloader: OpenCoreVersion.svg

MacBook Pro 8.3 (orignal):  CPU: 2,4 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core 8GB 1600 DDR3 1xSSD 256GB 1xHDD 2TB Wifi/Bluetooth 802.11n/4.0 macOS 10.13.6

Die EFI für mein System findest du hier.

• avus90

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC Bios Settings“ zu „Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC Bios Settings / DDR Speichersteckplatz Problem“ geändert.
  • avus90

Hat das Label In Arbeit hinzugefügt
  • Hey, Danke für die EFI. Bekam irgendwie keine Benachrichtigung, dass jemand noch zusätzlich was schrieb.

Läuft denn aktuell Ventura gut? weil ist ja noch ne Beta.

Habe da ein kleines Problem mit der Speicherverwaltung. Das ist bestimmt nur was kleines, aber es nervt ein bisschen. Er zeigt meine 64 GB an, jedoch unterteilt in viele 1MB Speicherslots.. :D