HacinTosh - Ryzen 5950X - MSI Meg Unify X570 + AMD GPU (?)

• Enaske you were be able to install easily Big Sur

Maybe you can try also to update to the latest monterey to see if your motherboard could work with latest OS X

I think it is not possible but it could worth to try

if you have a valid backup I mean😂

• Geht ja schnell voran hier.... Hast du echt schon MacOS installiert?😅

Dell XPS 13 7390  Intel® Core™ i7-10510u - OpenCore 0.9.4 - Win 11 macOS Ventura / macOS Sonoma

MacBook Air 2022  M2 - 10 Core GPU - 16GB RAM - 512 GB - macOS Sonoma

MacMini 6,1  Late 2012 - macOS Ventura Beta - OC Legacy Patcher 0.6.9

• Bei so ner tollen Community :D

War es gar nicht schwer. Ich denke aber die plist.config hat viel Arbeit abgenommen.

fabiosun any Easy/fast way to back it up? Is there anything that stands against the latest OS? Like Kexst wise etc.

buying the GPU might take a bit, selling 3080 seems quite hard right now, but so can def. Say it gonna be a 6900XT most likely a Saphire or XFX if that matters.

• Ab Monterey 12.3 wird auf AMD die AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext noch benötigt, ansonsten passt das mit der neuesten OC Version. Aber wie gesagt, Monterey und Ventura laufen auf MSI 500 Boards nicht ohne grosse Probleme.

Bezüglich der GPU kannst du z.B. bei Ebay Kleinanzeigen schauen, da gibt es ab und zu Leute die eine AMD Karte gegen Nvidia tauschen wollen

• Apple Mac Studio | M1 Ultra | 64GB RAM | 1TB
    • PowerMac G5 | Dual 2GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL
    • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming | 64GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Corsair MP600 M.2 NVMe | Radeon RX 6900 XT | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift | Custom Loop | MacOS 12 | OpenCore
      Ryzen MacPro | EFI | RadeonSensor | Aureal
  • Kannst du den zufällig die großen Probleme nennen? Also wo es ungefähr scheitert? Gefühlt scheint das ja immer nur bei 550igern zu sein und nicht nem 570er

• Wie fabiosun schon gesagt hat:

Zitat

If you will try to update to Monterey or Ventura you will loose PCH maintained hardware (ie some M2 slot, some PCIEX and sata) and the best result it will be a system hang after few verbose lines)

MSI hat da was kaputt gemacht beim BIOS Update welches Zen 3 Support hinzugefügt hat. Alle MSI 500 Boards (X570 und B550, A520) sind davon betroffen.

• Apple Mac Studio | M1 Ultra | 64GB RAM | 1TB
    • PowerMac G5 | Dual 2GHz | 8GB RAM | GeForce 6800 Ultra DDL
    • AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming | 64GB DDR4-3600 CL16 RAM | Corsair MP600 M.2 NVMe | Radeon RX 6900 XT | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift | Custom Loop | MacOS 12 | OpenCore
      Ryzen MacPro | EFI | RadeonSensor | Aureal
  • How I said before msi x570 fails on acpi

Recent discover have found some problem on chipset device maintained

Like sata or nvme

You have some chances if you use nvme on slot maintained from cpu as you cane see in photo I have posted of your motherboard manual

If it will work it will be very limited experience

• fabiosun

Do you know by chance, with what BIOS Update this issued started? I believe I didn't updated in a while, because MSI keeps pushing BIOS Updates over and over again.

PS: Thanks for all your help Fabiosun <3

Just waiting for my GPU now. Is there any way to see if SSDT stuff is required? SSDT Stuff are like tweaks correct?

PS: Is there any way to see power consumption on the Mac? To see if the Power States work correctly?

I got some Kext running, that allows AMD CPU to set power states and reporting back to software like iStats. (Works fine so far)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Enaske ()

• It is not well defined when and why this problem happens

Usually people with this problem use first release of their motherboard bios

For you it is not possible

But a user with a MSI x570 carbon gaming Wi-Fi was able to have monterey and Ventura working well

He has lost a couple of m2 slots but system is working well

That motherboard has few bios because is recent and it has not bios which support only 3xxx cpu

about ssdt

If you bought a 6900xt you have to check if its device id is supported by OS X

If not you need ssdt for it

You need also of a ssdt for usb power and few others

However your system starts and works also with 0 ssdt

When you change your gpu if you have output problem with it Disable weg of use pikera boot arg

Personally I do not use whatevergreen kext

some users with x570 have the need to map their internal usb to have sleep and bt working

about power management

Amd is lucky

All is set in our motherboard bios

To check use amd power gadget tools made by trulyspinach

I use only a kext for it and it is a free app (imho best app for us)

• The question really is, if there is any benefit going for Monterey?

Loosing M2 SSD wouldn't matter at all, since all my drives are NTFS, which mac can't use anyway. (I can read the drives, but that's about it)

The only issue I encountered so far is, that my CPU keeps running at high speed and not taking lower power steps.
    I just installed AMD Power Gadget to see the CPU Speed. It is constantly running at 4,4 GHZ (So pretty much boost clock at ~ 90 Watt usage)

So SSDTs aren't really required, if I not plan to use Sleep? (tbh. I never used sleep at any PC)
    I haven't tested Bluetooth yet, but Wi-Fi is working fine, same with Audio etc.

• If you see only higher cpu step probably you have to set stuff in your bios

Check PBO section

Also you can set ssdt-plug to have a more compliance mac pm

If you want to charge an iPad with some of your usb you may need of ssdt-usbx to set correct power for them

Problem of higher frequency could be also related to your not supported gpu and maybe for initial system indexing

If you can monitor wattage and temps and do not over clock your system till when you are sure if all its functionality

• Hey,

I just checked out the Tool and I saw, you can enable Low Power States.

It keeps running quite low now. (Roughly 50-60 Watt, I guess that's fine)

have to wait and see, how it performs once I got the GPU and everything.

I just googled about ssdt-plug. It seems to be required on Intel CPUs. I guess the AMD Kexts doing a great job. I mean you can even put it to the fixed 2200 to keep him run in low power mode if anything.

But the automatic switching seems to be fine so far.

• I just googled about ssdt-plug. It seems to be required on Intel CPUs.

Said before (only useful to be real Mac like) see blu box in attached picture

But the automatic switching seems to be fine so far.

When you have your gpu check device id (green box in picture), if so it is supported without any effort to do

If different id you have to check in your ioreg your GPU acpi path and modify the ssdt that a user posted few posts above here accordly

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fabiosun ()

• msart

Gengik84 create this for his forum (macOS86.it)

you can find it in download area ( 1 or 2 posts are mandatory to access to download files)

• Hey,

so I got that, but my understanding is, that this Power Management isn't recommended for AMD, since it is designed for Intel (at last the Guide Website say so -> AMD users should not use that)

I assume, the AMD Power Tool, is replacing the Power Management, since the AMD Power Tool, just slow the CPU down, if needed. (Like P1,P2,P3)

Everything else is actually shown Green for me (System Integrity Protection + GateKeeper).

• I assume, the AMD Power Tool, is replacing the Power Management, since the AMD Power Tool, just slow the CPU down, if needed. (Like P1,P2,P3)

I wouldtn use it to control power management

check in your bios

That app is useful to monitor all and also to control your motherboard/cpu Fan speed

About PM I know :P it is intel related, but for maniac people to have a purist ioreg like a real Mac it could help (it is a simple rename of how ioreg sees your cpu (I am not expert in this field so take with care what I am writing here)

For sip and gatekeeper it depends from apps you use you could enable or disable Easily

• Trust me I am not Maniac, the only Maniac thing, I currently try to achieve, is to get my HX1000i Power Supply to be deteced by MacOS, but for that I opened a different thread. There is a Homebrew App, detecting these devices, but it seems it cannot find the Device, due to different USB Names.

I guess for now, I just keep the System how it is now, not sure if SIP or GateKeeper is required or even bad, but for now, everything works.

BTT works (A must-have, trust me!), iStats work etc. pretty much, everything I am also using on my M1 Air.

PS: About Power Management, I checked my BIOS, but there is really no setting about Power Management, except one ErP, which allows adding State 4 and 5, which are needed for sleep Mode I believe.

Besides that, nothing so far, or I'm just running a borked BIOS, since they often release broken ones lol.

• PS: About Power Management, I checked my BIOS, but there is really no setting about Power Management, except one ErP, which allows adding State 4 and 5, which are needed for sleep Mode I believe.

check in cpu advanced section

and this is with an old app

for advanced cpu parameters search here: