Install Monterey/Big Sur on any X79 Motherboard Huananzhi Chinese gigabyte etc and PowerManagement

• First of all a great thanks to @MaLd0n for all the help that he gave me by editing my DSDT.

This guide is for those who are using X79 Motherboard and are

1. unable to install mac

2. Unable to boot if they enable HYPERTHREADING in thie bios.

3. Having random reboots while booting.

4. Powermanagement Issue.

You can use this EFI for Mac OS Monterey or Big Sur

Installation:

1. Download the EFI Folder given in this guide and do the necessary changes mentioned in the Changes to the Config File section given below.

2. I am not going to cover how to install Mac. For that you will get lots of guides online.

3. I am Just going to give you my EFI folder. Use it and it will boot and install without any issue.

4. This EFI will work for both Dual CPU and Single CPU Board.

You need to do the following after downloading the EFI.

Changes to the Config File

1. Please add you own Platform Info

2. Also please add your UTBMap.kext file created using USBToolbox from windows (Use the windows.exe from from there). Also make sure you are add the USBToolBox.kext in the kexts folder and add it to the config. While using the Discover ports option in the USB Tools app, insert the pendrive in all the available ports one by one and then create the kext.

OR

If you don't want to do USB Mapping then just use the following USBMap.kext and it should work fine. I have added most of the USB ID's in the kext so it should work fine for most of the people.

USBMap.kext.zip

3. SSDT-X79 included in the EFI folder already has everything needed so please don't change any settings in config. It will go smoothly.

4. Reboot

Enjoy....!!!

Note: For some motherboard using CpuTSCSync.kext causes Kernel Panic,

Solution: Use VoodooTSCSync.kext instead

Bios Settings:

1. If you still have issue while using my EFI then go into the Bios and Disable EHCI and XHCI Handoff or vice versa.

For PowerManagement do the following:

1. Create SSDT-PMC, SSDT-PLUG (Only Needed in Some Cases) from windows using SSDTTime.exe
    2. Create SSDT-PM using ssdtprgen method
    3. Place these files in ACPI folder and also enable them in the config.plist
    4. So you should have SSDT-X79 (See below note) , SSDT-PM, SSDT-PMC, SSDT-PLUG (Optional) ACPI.

Note: For some users SSDT-X79 is breaking power management so disable SSDT-X79 and add SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-UNC.aml instead)

For Sandy Bridge CPU please enable 2 options in the Kernel > Patch Section

751AB9 to EB13B9

3E7539 to 3E9090

The entries are already added in my EFI just enable it. This is needed for Sandy Bridge CPU to get PowerManagement Working

Enjoy your PowerManagement

Once again please don't change anything in the config other than what is mentioned above

Audio:

Follow the guide in the link below
    https://www.insanelymac.com/fo…ith-dsdt-patching-easily/

OR

If you want to get the audio (ALC 892) or any other Audio working then you need to patch DSDT. Mine is working with DSDT Patching. It was not working out of the box.

1. Extract you DSDT file using SSDTTime.exe from windows

2. Download Rehabman's MacIasl in mac and then apply the audio patch and check if Audio is working and if not then Also apply IRQ Fix in DSDT. Copy and paste the following patch after clicking on the patch button in Rehabman's MacIasl then copy and paste the following codes and then press Apply.

3. Now close that dialog and then press Compile Button and save the DSDT.aml and select ACPI Machine Language in File Format

4. Place that DSDT.aml in ACPI Folder and also add it in config.plist (You can use OpenCore Configurator to do that)

5. Add Boot Args. Your alcid may vary check the AppleALC guide

Code
    1. alcid=1

6. Reboot and Enjoy your Audio.

OR

You can try to use one of the following SSDT-HDEF Patch. It may or may not work for you. Also you would require SSDT-HPET.aml along with it which you can create using ssdttime app.

SSDT-HDEF-edited.aml or SSDT-HDEF.aml

Downloads:

If the new EFI Doesn't work then use the old one

UPDATED EFI OC 0.7.7: EFI_OC_0.7.7_X79_MOTHERBOARD_28-01-2022.zip

OLD EFI Folder: EFIFORX79MOTHERBOARD.zip

Bonus:

Those who are using Huananzhi-X79 Deluxe board can use the following patched DSDT which has all the necessary patches. Even the Audio patch so no need to use SSDT-HDEF.aml

DSDT_Huananzhi_X79_Deluxe.aml

Troubleshooting:

Multible Reboot: Some times it takes multiple reboots to get into the system. It gets stuck in the following then follow the below given solution.

Solution:

1. Open your DSDT in Rehabman's MacIasland remove SCK1, SCK2 and SCK3

2. Also remove unused Cores. For Eg. If your CPU has 12 threads then only keep the first 12 CPU Cores and delete the rest like this. It depends on how much threads your CPU has and accordingly remove the rest. As my CPU has only 12 threads I have only kept the first 12 and will be removing the rest that I have shown in the image below.

3. Save this file as DSDT.aml

188008-screen-shot-2021-12-13-at-11-39-0

4. Place this DSDT.aml in the ACPI Folder

5. Reboot.

Now there will be no random reboots while rebooting.

• robcodemax

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Install Monterey on any X79 Motherboard Huananzhi Chinese gigabyte etc“ zu „Install Monterey/Big Sur on any X79 Motherboard Huananzhi Chinese gigabyte etc and PowerManagement“ geändert.
  • Hey, thanks for your hard work! I had tested out your method, but have still problems to remove the unused cores from the DSDT.aml. If i want to save, i recive an compiling error. My System runs with 10 Cores without HT(Xeon 2650L v2). Is there a Trick#17 for saving without fixing the compiling stuff ? This will fix the 2-5 trys for a successfull booting. The rest of the efi works pretty well :-)

• Hey, thanks for your hard work! I had tested out your method, but have still problems to remove the unused cores from the DSDT.aml. If i want to save, i recive an compiling error. My System runs with 10 Cores without HT(Xeon 2650L v2). Is there a Trick#17 for saving without fixing the compiling stuff ? This will fix the 2-5 trys for a successfull booting. The rest of the efi works pretty well :-)

Use Rehabmans MacIasl

If it is not working then send me your Original DSDT.. I will patch it for you.

Also the Hyperthreading should work with my EFI. I have solved the problem of HT which a reddit user had.

• Is Rehabmans Version a special Version of Maclasl ?

Edit: I googled it ... I ll give it a try later :-) Thanks for the information. If it ll not work, ill send you the dsdt

I disabled Hyperthreating cause some Applications works better with the physical cores only.

• Is Rehabmans Version a special Version of Maclasl ?

Edit: I googled it ... I ll give it a try later :-) Thanks for the information. If it ll not work, ill send you the dsdt

I disabled Hyperthreating cause some Applications works better with the physical cores only.

If you are only using 10 physical cores make sure you keep only the cores which are used.

Boot into windows and check the name of the physical cores and then keep only those cores.

• Hey I'm a bit too dumbed for it. The software won't open on my M1 MacMini. Could you help me please ? :-o

• I have kept the first 10 cores...If it doesn't work then we need to keep the first 20 cores..Try this and let me know..

I have added all the necessary patches. The audio should also work with this.

The HT should also work fine

Edit: I have added another DSDT with 20 cores...This is the best error free DSDT you will ever have....Enjoy

If the DSDT_TAUBE_PHYSICAL_CORES_ONLY.aml is for physical cores only. If that doesn't work then let me know.

The DSDT_TAUBE_BEST_DSDT_20_CORES.aml should work even if you enable HT in your bios. It has all the 20 cores enabled.

I have also added the updated EFI along with this, just add your SSDT-PM, SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-PMC. I would suggest using all the 20 cores. It should work.

No need of SSDT-X79.aml with this EFI as I have added all the necessary patches in the DSDT. If this EFI doesn't work then revert back to the previous EFI

Hey I'm a bit too dumbed for it. The software won't open on my M1 MacMini. Could you help me please ? :-o

• It works absolutely fine !!!

Thank you so much !!! Now the shutdown works too ^^ The only bug I have is that the Network environment need some minutes to finde my servers and Windows ends up in a BSOD. But I ll take a look tomorrow on it . I am so happy buddy !

• It works absolutely fine !!!

Thank you so much !!! Now the shutdown works too ^^ The only bug I have is that the Network environment need some minutes to finde my servers and Windows ends up in a BSOD. But I ll take a look tomorrow on it . I am so happy buddy !

Glad to know it works....I mostly boot windows through Bios Boot Manager. I never boot windows through Opencore Bootloader.

Which Motherboard are you using?

The DSDT is heavily edited. If you only want CPU patched, I can do that for you.

What about audio? Was it working without DSDT patch?

Is HT Working now?

Which EFI did you use... This one or the previous one?

Which DSDT are you using?

Were the finding servers working faster before the patch?

You are using single CPU or dual CPU?

I have attached your DSDT with only CPU Patch.

• Glad to know it works....I mostly boot windows through Bios Boot Manager. I never boot windows through Opencore Bootloader.

- this is a nice to have for me ^^

Which Motherboard are you using?

- Hunananzih x79 Dual CPU Board with 1 CPU installed.

The DSDT is heavily edited. If you only want CPU patched, I can do that for you.

- Thank you very much !

What about audio? Was it working without DSDT patch?

- no, but with your patched dsdt it works

Is HT Working now?

- no, but i ll test it late

Which EFI did you use... This one or the previous one?

Which DSDT are you using?

- your DSDT with 10 Cores

Were the finding servers working faster before the patch?

- yes

You are using single CPU or dual CPU?

- Singel

• You need to use DSDT 20 Cores to get HT Working

• I ll testing the HT DSDT later.

With Hyperthreading Enabled, the Performance is in some Applications on Windows like CyberPunk 2077 not so good. (Setting High with HT - 40 FPS/ without HT 70 -80 FPS)

Maybe some RGB light on the RAM or FANs will increase it ^^ Thats why HT is turned off in my system.

After the 12.2 Beta Update the Bug with Networkenvironment is fixed.

So everything is working for me. WoW i am still impressed.

• Ok..Cool...Enjoy.

I started this mac project last November. I installed my Mac Monterey using your EFI and then once it got installed I started working on it to perfect the DSDT with help from Mald0n. Learned a lot after that. Now my Huananzhi X79 Deluxe Mac system is perfect.

• hello, your efi made my first mac boot. I have manage everying workin imessage, facetime, maps, appleid...etc. i only have 1 problem is the multiple reboots attempts to login. I am unable to edit or delete the extra cores in dsdt with rehabman's maciasl. please help

• Hi Robcodemax

Can you help me remove "SCK1, SCK2 and SCK3"

I do it but always errors last line

Thank in advance