Fast boot settings in OpenCore

• Hi, where do you set up fast boot in OpenCore without displaying boot icons?

I only have Big Sur on my PC and it is useless to see the boot icon.

I simply set it to -1 in Clover, I don't see it anywhere in the OpenCore configurator.

Thanks for help. :danke:

PS: Here is my config plist

• Try these settings.

• Macko The question is: which OS do you want to boot?

If it is macOS and the macOS partition is set to be the primary boot partition under start-up disk, then you can do this:

PickerMode = BootApple Apple

ShowPicker = No

This will boot macOS from first APFS volume it finds. Combine it with the LauncherOption Full or Short to protect you against Windows taking over your system.

If "PollAppleHotkeys" is enabled you can hold "X" after turning on the computer which boots to macOS (if set as default in startup disk) which is a bit safer, then completely disabling the boot picker. Because if windows might accidentally take over you have a problem!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von 5T33Z0 ()

• try this out.

Dateien

• config.plist

(23,23 kB, 58 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )
  • Gentlemen, thank you very much for your help. You're great, but nothing helps.

ST33Z0 , I have no experience with creating EFI.

The EFI I have helped me make a griven member.

• Where did you get that EFI from ?

Better Start from scratch here, as ST33Z0 mentioned.

To Take some Oralila ssd is not a good idea, and the .config looks as for a Laptop ?

is that

GA-B150N Phoenix-WIFI

correct ?

You had a Thread already ?

Installing the MAC will reboot the PC

?

under that link is an EFI for that Board.......

Google is your Friend

https://github.com/yinxianwei/Gigabyte-B150N-Hackintosh

but this is also full of Errors and Old, maybe a bit better in General.....

And the Serial is still in there

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GoodBye ()

• So, your Mac is booting fine with the Providet EFI, you just want to edit Fast / No Boot Picker Boot ?

try this, but is still with Boot Picker ...... OpenCore 0.7.4 - had integrate your board serial.

Put on USB Stick and Boot from the Stick, Rename the Unzipped Folder to EFI.

• Yes, I only have Big Sur on the disk, and I want the PC to boot right after turning on.

Now the MacOS icon will appear there and the boot will not start until I press Enter.

• You have a working EFI still ?

The One where it Hangs on boot is the Optional one ?

Before testing the Providet one, Reset Uefi with the Old Boot Picker !

What Version of OpenCore ? just run Hackintool, and press Boot Icon.

• There where fundamental changes from 061 to 073 so it only works if you reset uefi.

that if not visible at the boot screen just press tabs in the Picker, and it should show you the tools.

P.S.: i have updated the EFI in the Thread before, so download again ;-)

Also it is possible to select the boot drive in OSX, SystemPreferences / StartVolume which leeds to the picker has preselected the HardDrive of your BigSur, that should automatic Boot your Mac.

Good Luck, but you should try for Future Updates to get your EFI done ;-)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GoodBye ()

• May it be that this board also need the newly introduced UEFI Key "ForceOcWriteFlash" enabled? The described behavior matches exactly with my T430 and any OpenCore Versions higher than 0.6.6. It turned out that

• Fixed opencore-version reporting the incorrect version in rare cases

has screwed up the macOS boot on my T430 (windows boots fine though). After a bit of research it turned out that the T430 somehow needs the OC Version to be written into NVRAM since the other approach somehow screws things up on this Plattform. There may be a bit of a chance that this Board/Firmware has the same issue.