Thunderbolt 3 HP ZBOOK G3 Problems

• I'm trying to get thunderbolt 3 on my laptop.

1) I get to plug in the hp hub and works perfectly even with hot plug.

2) Working 100% with external monitor too.

3)But the laptop doesn't recognize a thunderbolt 3 external disk.

4)System report shows “No hardware was found.” Inside Thunderbolt label.

5)Hackintool shows: dsl6540 thunderbolt 3 bridge alpine ridge 4c 2015 - PCI Bridge

Any Idea???

HP ZBook 15" G3

i7 6400HQ

64GB RAM 2133 MHz

• Actually in most cases Thunderbolt does not work properly on any hackintosh laptop. Hotplug practically never. I've seen different older Dell XPS Laptops with minor success, but their ownoers invested weeks or motnhs getting it to work.

For starters you might probably get best results if you connect everything before switching your laptop on, while disabling all security in the BIOS - if any options are available. Then what's connected through the BIOS might work to some extent or even normally.

Other than that it's hard to find a way forward.

Lenovo Yoga S740 i9 / OpenCore

GA-Z590 Vision D / i9-10900F / 32GB / Radeon VII / LG 34UM95-P
    GA-Z97N-WiFi / 4790K / RX580

• Actually in most cases Thunderbolt does not work properly on any hackintosh laptop. Hotplug practically never. I've seen different older Dell XPS Laptops with minor success, but their ownoers invested weeks or motnhs getting it to work.

For starters you might probably get best results if you connect everything before switching your laptop on, while disabling all security in the BIOS - if any options are available. Then what's connected through the BIOS might work to some extent or even normally.

Other than that it's hard to find a way forward.

Thanks for the answer, mate!

Really sad story here....

HP ZBook 15" G3

i7 6400HQ

64GB RAM 2133 MHz

• When it comes to Thunderbolt, it is, yes. I'm curious to see how it will work with USB4 and Hackintosh.

Really sad story here....

Lenovo Yoga S740 i9 / OpenCore

GA-Z590 Vision D / i9-10900F / 32GB / Radeon VII / LG 34UM95-P
    GA-Z97N-WiFi / 4790K / RX580