Z490 Vision G with OpenCore - Works like an original iMac20,2 in all aspects

• Here is my take.

For the GA-Z409 Vision G mobo, which only has one onboard ethernet controller, a device properties entry such as,

DeviceProperties -> Add ->

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x1)/Pci(0x0, 0x0)

-> device-id F2150000

in the OC config.plist file to spoof it into a cousin of itself, together with a FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext

and a FakePCIID.kext in the OC Kexts folder, introduces more problems that one is attempting to actually resolve, at least in my particular environment.

When the hack is “sort of sleeping” with “Wake for network access” as well as “Enable Power Nap”

ENABLED, it will wake approximately every 5 minutes, whereafter it will dutifully fall asleep again

after it has duly completed its normal housekeeping chores during that session.

No real problem with that one, however over a 24 hour period that would amount to about 288 wakes in total, which is not acceptable to me at all, besides it will never reach 24 hours of problem free operation because the machine will just totally freeze every now and so often. - lock up - so to speak before that time period has lapsed.

During the periods the hack is sleeping the onboard ethernet controller is actually still responding

to regular ICMP requests, something which is also totally unacceptable in an “on demand managed network environment” such as I prefer to be working under.

Prominent, and seemingly experienced hackers, generally recommend to disable - “untick” - everything that is offered under “System Preference —> Energy Saver” to make a hack work sort of, but that is not a path that I have ever followed in my years of hacking endeavours. My mission has always been that my hacks have to work the way Apple originally intended with the System definition I have chosen for the hardware I am trying to hack into a perfect Apple clone.

I have attached my config.plist file, which I am using, which reflects the settings applicable fo my particular system and at the same time eliminates all the problems with the onboard ethernet controller which has been disabled in BIOS, above all the Power Nap and wake for network access is ENABLED.

A screenshot depicting the “sleep stability” I am currently blessed with has also been attached.

All the information as to how I generally accomplished this can be gleaned from the contents of my

config.plist file which is obviously also listing the kexts in use but also their version numbers in operation.

When next I am available I will attempt to answer questions to those interested that want to also accomplish this kind of result.

OH by the way the foregoing applies to my Comet Lake build with these components:

• GA-Z490-Vision G mobo
    • Intel Core i9-10850K cpu
    • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB 3600 Mhz. memory
    • AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT gpu
    • Intel UHD Graphics 630 in a headless configuration
    • 2 x 27 inch LG 4K display monitors providing the visual output.
    • A Kraken X73 liquid closed circuit cooler with a total of 4 additional 120 mm. fans to provide the necessary cooling.
    • 9 TB storage provided by 2 x Samsung NVME 970 EVO 500 GB and 4 x Samsung SSD EVO 2 TB SSD drives.
    • WiFi/Bluetooth - Standard Fenvi T919 Apple compatible PCIe add-on card.
    • Realtek 10/100/1000M USB Ethernet LAN controller
    • AX88772 10/100 USB Ethernet LAN controller feeding a DANTE audio network.
    • Apple magic keyboard 2 as well as Apple magic mouse 2 used on all 4 operating systems on this rig without the need of constantly having to "re-pair" these items when migrating to anther operating system, be it Windows Enterprise,Windows Professional or Ubuntu 20.4 LTS.

All the above is powered by an EVGA 850 G3 power supply and housed in a Sharkoon TGS case.

Drivers for the LAN controllers are embedded in Big Sur and are thus working OOB

Happy hacking Henties

• henties

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Ein Z490 Vision G hack mit opecore der in allen Hinsichten wie ein Original iMac20,2 funktioniert.“ zu „Ein Z490 Vision G hack mit opencore der in allen Hinsichten wie ein Original iMac20,2 funktioniert.“ geändert.
  • al6042

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Ein Z490 Vision G hack mit opencore der in allen Hinsichten wie ein Original iMac20,2 funktioniert.“ zu „Z490 Vision G with OpenCore - Works like an original iMac20,2 in all aspects“ geändert.
  • Hi Herties,

looks like you do have the same sleep issue I have. There is a way to fix but I was not able to fix it by myself. If you have a solution please let me know.

It is possible to disable the _PRW Methode for the causing port. But I don't know how.

Brs

LG

René

Gigabyte Z490 Vision G| i9 10850k | 32GB | Vega64 8GB | NVMe 1TB | macOS 12.3 Open Core 0.8.x

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Blackninja_1985 ()

• Something like this SSDT example should help.

https://github.com/jsassu20/Op…D6D%20Patch/SSDT-GPRW.dsl

• Hi Blackninja_1985 sorry I do not actually understand your passage "looks like you got the same sleep issue like me" because I do not have any sleep issues with my Z490 Vision G whatsoever, for clarity have another peek at the attachment of my original post .

Greetings Henties

Hi Blackninja_1985 , I just noticed that your native tongue seems to be German, I therefore encourage and invite you, and everybody else for that matter, to communicate with me in a language that you are most comfortable with, in other words either German or English, thus providing you an opportunity to express yourself concisely and accurately, without risk of anything you meant to convey, being lost or distorted in the process, and that just because of a language barrier. As far as I am concerned I even encourage you to mix and match the languages in your communiques with me, particularly if you consider that such a measure would contribute to a better understanding of the problem at hand and thus leading ultimately to a speedier resolution. I am however not sure whether this approach meets with the approval of some "language purists" on this board, judging from a recent experience, that targeted me specifically, and "overlook others" that follow exactly what I encourage you to adopt.

Greetings Henties

kaneske Ich habe deinen Kommentar zu meinen Spracheinstellungen in diesen Beitrag "meines threads" noch lesen können, bevor du allerdings, wie ich das empfunden habe, deine negative Reaktion zu meinen Überlegungen wieder gelöscht hattest. Es war ein guter Zug das du diese Aktion eingeleitet hast, aber es bestätigt auch wiederum die Vorurteile die in diesen Forum gegen Personen wie mich, gehegt werden.

Übrigens dadurch das ich jetzt in Deutsch reagiert habe betrachte ich nun "MEIN thread" als quasi "multiculti", wie es bei anderen ja auch übrig ist und sogar zugelassen wird, und habe deswegen "MEIN thread Titel" wieder auf die Originale Beschriftung in Deutsch zurückgesetzt, nun empfinde ich das ich endlich wieder der Chef in meiner eigenen Küche bin und freue mich auf jeden der von mir Ratschläge bekommen möchte um seinen Vision G "hack" auch so "Schlaffreundlich" zu gestallten wie es mir gelungen ist und sogar mit "Enable Power Nap" und "Wake for network access" in "System Preferences" als "enabled" gesetzt.

Danke und Grüße Henties

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von henties ()

• henties

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Z490 Vision G with OpenCore - Works like an original iMac20,2 in all aspects“ zu „Ein Z490 Vision G hack mit opencore der in allen Hinsichten wie ein Original iMac20,2 funktioniert.“ geändert.
  • Nein keineswegs Vorurteile, im Gegenteil. Ich habe nicht zuletzt eher den persönlichen Weg gewählt. Daher das gelöschte.

Der Thread ist wertvoll, allemal. Ich möchte das erhalten, für die Gemeinde und dich selbst, daher meine freundlich gemeinte Deeskalation eher als jeglicher Angriff Hentjes.

• al6042

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Ein Z490 Vision G hack mit opencore der in allen Hinsichten wie ein Original iMac20,2 funktioniert.“ zu „Z490 Vision G with OpenCore - Works like an original iMac20,2 in all aspects“ geändert.