OC DELL Latitude E6420

• Mo-6420 It seems that you are also using Monterey on this Laptop. Would you please unplug the battery and tell me what happens in the Battery PrefPane? My battery is dead and I don't see anything about battery in the System Preferences. Not sure if it's normal without a battery. Thanks

• Hi,

Download mh opencore folder here of my dell latitude e6420

Go to apci foldef there you get batt.atm add it in your OpenCore folder

Than go to kexts folder there you get batterymanager.kext and you add to your folder OpenCore too

The problem of battery fix it

Sorry fo the late and thank you very much....

• I don't mean that. I already have a battery kext, but no working battery. And there is no battery symbol in System Preferences. I want to know if the symbol disappears when you remove your battery.

Hello, does this work with intel HD 3000 or Nvidia?

I see your dock is transparent

and can i use monitor?

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von vansmocs ()

• Ok, I answered my question myself.

After succeeding in charging the battery to 1%, I now see the battery indicator and the battery settings that no longer appears when removing the battery.

look at your folder opencore and make sure that in folder apci there is a Batt0 like in mine please

And Good luck

The BATT0.AML is definitely not for this Laptop, the EC ACPI code contains only 8bit fields, no battery patches are required.

Code
    1. Hello, does this work with intel HD 3000 or Nvidia?

Intel HD3000

I see your dock is transparent

and can i use monitor?

If you have the nVidia model, an external monitor is not possible. The digital outputs are tied to the Nvidia card, VGA could work, but not tested.

• thanks for answering. I'm newbie about this, Can you make me a zip for the latest full opencore config file you have, I really hope

• Of course I can upload my EFI, but it won't make the Monterey dock transparent.To do this, you need the HighSierra Intel HD3000 drivers and need to replace a few frameworks.

I'll clean up my EFI and upload it later.

• A bit late, but here it is. As already mentioned accelerated graphics will only work with HighSierra, for later releases you will need to replace some files.

I don't work with this Laptop, this is just for fun, so I can't say if there are any issues. I installed OpenCore Clover and the legacy mode (see screenshot).

Good luck.

The SSDT-CpuPm.aml is for the i7-2620M CPU, if you don't have that CPU generate your own SSDT

• hi

Sorry fo the late

Well, please update your bios dell into A26 from dell website to be able to open the OpenCore folder

And please use my folder here of macos big sur because it works too on macos monterey

Good luck and thank you

• I don't mean that. I already have a battery kext, but no working battery. And there is no battery symbol in System Preferences. I want to know if the symbol disappears when you remove your battery.

Can you share tutorial for intel HD 3000 Patch on monterey step-by-step?

• hello !
    wern i tried to install monterey on my e6520 with your EFI, but when i am on the installation menu of the disks, it says « macOS can not be installed on this computer »…

So i can’t install it in any disk

• Sorry for the delay. Usually I avoid this forum.

nightalrm, vansmocs

You can use the OCLP patcher script as a reference, and also replace the files as in the script.

Luluuuuu18

Yes, because of the MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS, which is not supported by Monterey. Change it to a supported model for installation.

I use MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS because of the better power-management.