Thinkpad Yoga S1

• I did the whitelist removal and unlocked the advanced settings as well.

Since Intel WIFI wasn't possible at the time I got mine I had no other choice. In order to apply a modified Bios you need to disassemble the Notebook (the Bios Rom Chips are near the CPU on the top side of the Board) and use an external SPI Flash programmer to flash the modified Rom. After flashing the ROM I was able to replace the build in Intel WIFI Card with an DW1550 (Broadcom WIFI/BT Combo Card).

where can I find modified rom. do you still have griven

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Josepihs ()

• This has to be done on your own with dumps from your actual bios. Some ROM values are unique to every Machine (eg. HardwareID, SLIP Tables and so on) and should not be interchanged. Using a ROM from the Web or from another person is a bad idea. The process of whitelist removal itself is described by Sascha_77 in this thread: BIOS Mod (WWAN Whitelist) mit wenigen Schritten selbstgemacht if you feel uncomfortable with it or don't understand how to do it feel free to ask or send me your dumps via PN and I'll remove the wihitelist for you.

• This has to be done on your own with dumps from your actual bios. Some ROM values are unique to every Machine (eg. HardwareID, SLIP Tables and so on) and should not be interchanged. Using a ROM from the Web or from another person is a bad idea. The process of whitelist removal itself is described by Sascha_77 in this thread: BIOS Mod (WWAN Whitelist) mit wenigen Schritten selbstgemacht if you feel uncomfortable with it or don't understand how to do it feel free to ask or send me your dumps via PN and I'll remove the wihitelist for you.

thankks I'll buy these from the internet (SOIC8 SOP8 and CH341A). Right? and i will try whitelist removal if i cant i will send my dump

actually i am using intel wifi right now

I can use wifi and bluetooth

but I can't use a few features because location isn't working

Do you think I need to remove the whitelist

Should I continue to use it like this griven sorry for tags

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Josepihs ()

• No Problem ;)

If you can live with the limitations ITLWM has and don't mind the lack of features then ITLWM is the way to go. If ITLWM had been available when I got my S1 I'll probably would use it as well but as I wrote before it wasn't an option in the past. Given that ITLWM is still under active development chances are good that existing limitations may be solved in the future ;)