[SOLVED] OpenCore build - Ryzen 3900x - Asus Tuf X570 plus wifi

• I'm trying to build my first ever OpenCore 0.6.1 Ryzentosh but so far no luck. As a total newbie and I feel very lost here. Because of my older GPUs, I'm trying to install HighSierra. If someone could give me any help or point me to right direction I would be most thankful and happy. :) I will try to put some Panic logs and OpenCore logs in as links. (because of the 10,000 characters limit)

Panic log HD 4350

OpenCore log with HD 4350

Panic log with GTX 960

Thank you so much for all the help!

My current hw setup is:

Ryzen 9 3900x

Asus TUF Gaming X570-plus (wifi)

Crucial Ballistix 3600 Mhz CL16 BL2K8G36C16U4B.M8FE1

Kingston 1TB A2000 NVMe PCIe SSD

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 Mac Edition

ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 960

ATI Radeon HD 4350

Been watching and reading some step-by-steb guides and following along but no luck so far. My lastest attempt was to take these files from here, modify them a little and see what happens. I basically tweaked his config.plist to fit my hardware better, mostly GPU. After a couple of tries, I ended up on some sort of a loop where OpenCore runs for a while, reboots, runs for a whole, reboots, runs for a while, reboots and so on. Copied my BIOS settings from these YouTubers Morgonaut and TechNolli, but I might require some help there too.

I started with GT 120, then GTX 960 and lastly HD 4350. Basically all of these cards keep booting in loops for me. I currently have HD 4350 in the machine.

• So, begin from scratch using dortonia guide. Be sure you’re installing and booting high Sierra. You should use the GTX960. If system is running, try fixing drivers. So I got a working system with high sierra and gtx980. I followed this guide and after it I fixed graphics:

[Externes Medium: https://youtu.be/QtvDRDqgolc]

maybe this will help you.

I can remember that I’ve to install drivers and set boot argument.

ASRock Z490 Pro 4 - 32GB RAM - Intel Core I5 10400F - MSI RX480 Gaming 3 8GB - Fenvi T919 WLAN/Bluetooth - macOS 12.4 - OpenCore 0.8.2 Dev - SMBIOS MacPro7,1

• :welcome2:

Have you tried another smbios? Try iMacPro1.1

As gpu, you should Use the GTX960 (yes, it only runs until 10.13.6, but your others also are running until 10.13.6 or even Older.). Also the 960 is the fastest of yours.

• Thanks guys, I will try these and see what happens! :)

What do you think, would getting a newer Radeon card make my life easier? For example at the moment RX 580 seems to be quite cheap.

• I switched also to rx580 because I wanted to use newer version of macOS. Was a Good choose. Only problems are compatibility with some apps which aren’t patchable for amd. So no Adobe, but there are good alternatives. Really love working with macOS.

ASRock Z490 Pro 4 - 32GB RAM - Intel Core I5 10400F - MSI RX480 Gaming 3 8GB - Fenvi T919 WLAN/Bluetooth - macOS 12.4 - OpenCore 0.8.2 Dev - SMBIOS MacPro7,1

• I switched also to rx580 because I wanted to use newer version of macOS. Was a Good choose. Only problems are compatibility with some apps which aren’t patchable for amd. So no Adobe, but there are good alternatives. Really love working with macOS.

Thanks again for quick reply! I will get an RX 580 then too as it’s a really good GPU. :)

I found this earler about the Adobe issue, do you know if it works?

• Robentosh

Hat den Titel des Themas von „[HELP] OpenCore build - Ryzen 3900x - Asus Tuf X570 plus wifi“ zu „[SOLVED] OpenCore build - Ryzen 3900x - Asus Tuf X570 plus wifi“ geändert.