MacPro 1,1 flash to MacPro 2,1 with Win10 x64 install at 32Bit EFI incl Bootcamp Driver

• Hey there,

I've bought a cheap MacPro 1,1 and flashed it to MacPro 2,1.afaik there is no macOS, which is up to date and suitable with old MacPro¥s... so i've installed a Win10*64Bit inclusive of all Bootcamp Driver.

I couldn't find a complete guide for this procedure, so i've written one of myself...

Requirements:

MacPro 1,1 or MacPro2,1 inclusive intern DVD-Rom.

MacOS 10.6.8 (macOS 10.6.8 v1.1 did not work for me!)

1x Windows 10 x64 PC

Flash MacPro1,1 to MacPro2,1

1. Start your MacPro 1,1 and update to macOS 10.6.8 (NOT 10.6.8 v1.1.)

(all versions except 10.6.8 did not work here and only shown "error 5530" )

2. Load MacPro2006-2007FirmwareTool.zip

3. Restart your MacPro one time, start the program and follow the instructions.

4. Shut off your MacPro.

5. Hold the "POWER"button of your MacPro down, till the LED starts blinking.

6. Now your MacPro should start and install the firmwareupgrade automatically.

Here is a list of which CPUs are supported by your MacPro 2.1

I took 2 Xeon 5355 in the G0 Stepping as they only cost 4.50€ each.

Those work totally fine with me.

Create a Win10 install DVD:

Sources: here and here  LuckyOldMan

1. Download Windows 10 x64

2. Open drive "C:" and create the following folders:

C:\winexe

C:\winiso

C:\windvd

3. Download oscdimg.exe and copy this file to "winexe"

4. Unzip your Windows 10 ISO into "windvd".

5. Open command prompt and enter the following commands:

cd c:/winexe

oscdimg -n -m -bc:\windvd\boot\etfsboot.com c:\windvd c:\winiso\win10x64.iso

6. As soon as it's done you have the file "win10x64.iso" in the folder "winiso" which you burn on DVD now

7. Remove all HDDs from your MacPro except those you want to install Windows on.

8. Insert the burned DVD and install Windows as usual.

- It's necessary to use a Win10 Pro, so that both processors are recognized that you have installed!

Install Win10 64Bit Bootcamp and drivers:

1. Start your MacPro and boot into the new installed Windows 10

2. Download the latest version of Brigadier.exe from here.

I took this version here.

3. Create a new folder on the desktop where you copy the file into.

4. Open the file and follow the instructions.

5. Open the command prompt as an administrator and enter the following command:

net user administrator /active:yes

6. Restart your Macpro and go into the now visible Administrator account

7. Now go to the folder that you've created on the desktop and open:

Bootcamp - Drivers - Apple

8. Open the file "BootCamp64", now BootCamp installs itself in the 64 bit version so that you have ALL drivers at the end.

9. Restart the MacPro and login to your Windows account.

10. Open the command prompt again and enter the following command:

net user administrator /active:no

11. Restart your MacPro once again

And now: congratulations... you have made a MacPro 2.1 out of your MacPro 1.1 and now it got Win10*64Bit.

The hardware may be old, yet it provides enough power for all day-to-day tasks in 2019.

In case the links above should be down, i uploaded them again as a backup.

brigadier.exe

MacPro 11 - 21 FirmwareTool

oscdimg.exe

German guide is here

Aktuelles System:

Aorus B550I PRO AX - Ryzen 9 3950x - RX6800 16G - 2x8GB 3600 DDR4 - macOS Monterey OpenCore - Stable

- Testing: Noch nicht fertiges EFI, kann Bugs enthalten

- Stable: Fertig, keine Bugs gefunden.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von user1_ ()

• Addon posting after 10h searching on the web and four burned DVD ROM later to only find out the native win10 CD bought in a shop just will do.

When you boot from the Windows CD and you are stuck without the ability to type anything on the keyboard at the following dialogue:

Select CDROM type

What happens? Because this is a generic Windows install DVD it will check the hardware, unload all drivers (sic!) including the USB keyboard drivers and if you have more than one drive to start from, it will ask you which CDROM type you want to choose to be mapped to logical drive C: for installation.

If that happens, you are stuck and you cannot enter anything on your keyboard; even hitting the CAPS LOCK key does not show any LED blinking.

Try the following hack:

• Pull out all your hard drives except the one you want to install Win10 on.
    • Boot your Mac into the bootmanager by holding ALT key after the chime
    • Open your DVD ROM drive by hitting the eject button on your Apple Keyboard.
    • Insert the Windows10 install CD and when the tray closes, hammer the keyboard by hitting key "1" until the screen turns black, then immediately hammer the keyboard with hitting the "return" key.
    • Hammering the keyboard in that way fills the keyboard buffer for the needed selection until the USB keyboard driver will get unloaded. Until that happens, the keyboard input buffer filled with the needed keystrokes will be sufficient and the Windows installation procedure will continue as normal.
    • USB keyboard and mouse drivers will be loaded and you can just proceed with your normal windows installation.

Got that from here:
    https://forums.macrumors.com/t…st=24865043#post-24865043

• garex,download a fresh copy from microsoft and follow the the part "Create a Win10 install DVD:" to fix your "Select CDROM tye" error.

Works well ;)

Aktuelles System:

Aorus B550I PRO AX - Ryzen 9 3950x - RX6800 16G - 2x8GB 3600 DDR4 - macOS Monterey OpenCore - Stable

• garex,download a fresh copy from microsoft and follow the the part "Create a Win10 install DVD:" to fix your "Select CDROM tye" error.

Works well ;)

HI,

I am really sorry, I followed the howto above 1:1 but it didn't work; I had four DVD burned which created all the same error: "Select CDROM type". The fifth DVD could not be burned as Win10 1903 was too big to fit on a 4.7GB DVD. That is the reason I wrote the addon comment with the KB buffer trick.

Best regards,

Martin

• I currently have no MacPro / Macbook here with 32bit EFI and 64 bit CPU.

I will test again when I have one again.

I've tested your trick on various Macs over the past few years, but I've never worked.

that's why i was looking for another solution, is the method described above. ^^"

edit:

windows 10 x86 shows "select cdrom boot type" on iMac 7,1.

fixed after done this guide, boots well.

Aktuelles System:

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von user1_ ()