Clover bootloader

• I'm going through the process of doing this for my first time on a laptop that i have no regrets destroying of it doesn't work im trying to install mojave in the hopes i can use xcode but currently I've hit my first roadblock

I'm using virtualbox to make my bootable USB and so far I've successfully put it through MRB and it has mojave on it and ready to go im now looking at it in clover and I've mounted the USB stick/Disk so i can access the EFI partition to add my EFI folder however now im currently trying to install the Clover EFI bootloader and when choosing my installation destination the USB Drive/Disk isn't part of the list of drives it can be installed on as a matter of fact its not even on the list so im not sure what to do it appears in my disk utility's and also in the Clover configuration so why not in the bootloader any help would be appreciated thank you

• How did you create the USB-Stick? Did you use a tool like TINU?

• If i do understand your problem, you`re stuck at mounting the EFI partition on the USB (shown in the video at 6:00 minutes).

You`re working in a VM - can it access the USB?

As you started out with "insanelymac", why do you ask in a german forum and not the guys at "insanelymac"?

• the VM can access the USB as i made the USB within the virtual machine, but the part im stuck on is not mounting the USB as i can successfully mount it with no problems my issue is the step right after that for installing the EFI into the EFI partition as when i go to follow his steps it doesn't show the USB in the list of drives i can install the EFI contents into using the installation

As for the support side of things as this is my first time i wasn't exactly sure how else to get support on the matter so I simply googled it and you guys here where the top rated support option for hackintosh support, The only time I've used 'insanelymac' was simply for downloading the tool

• Try this. Pull the Pendrive and connect it again to an USB Port. Then again try to connect it to the VM. In the VM open Terminal, type diskutil list and have a look if the pendrive is listet.

Gruß, karacho

Bitte keine Supportanfragen via PN. Eure fragen gehören ins Forum!

Ich hab noch drei Patronen, eine für dich und zwei für mich...

• so I've done as you have said i checked using 'diskutil list' and even through that its coming up its still appearing in clover configurator and it can still be mounted to access the EFI partition but it still won't appear in the bootloader installer i have provided pictures to show that's its in the clover config and disk util but not in the clover bootloader installer

• Because it`s only a VM, you can install Clover everywhere you want. Just remember where the folder is and copy it later into the EFI-partition of the USB.

• karacho i use windows 10 on the laptop and if i can't manage to get this working ill try that method thank you for your help

g-force thanks for that tip the only issue with that is my VM is only running Mac OS sierra and upon attempting to install the efi onto that drive im presented with a message that reads something along the lines of "not compatible however you can try but doing so may break the system" so im hesitant but if its only going to break the VM that's not really a problem i suppose

• @Admin Kann jemand den Post #12 von walla mal in einen eigenen Thread abtrennen?

• Ist erledigt und findet sich nun unter High Sierra auf einem Haswell

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Community Bot

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt