Wifi won't work on Mojave Patch

• Hi everybody, this is my first post here and I registered because I installed the Mojave patch on my iMac8.1 (after adding 2x2gb ram and an SSD) Now the WiFi won't Show up, apparently it does not recognize the Adapter... I'm not sure if the Hardware is just not supported or if there is a way to make it work (otherwise I you could recommend me a working small WiFi-usb stick?) in the System report I can't look up the interface info on "Wifi" as in the Picture of Dosdude's Homepage where it tells you to look up if you have a working Card, Looking there and then checking whether it says (0x14E4, 0x8C) or else.. In that window it only Show the "sorfware versions:" column but noch the "interface" column.. however I could look up in the terminal I have the BCM4328 WiFi module and not the BCM4321 WiFi module, which gives me hope.

(at least according to the info on the Sierra patch for WiFi, in the info for the mojave patch it doesn't say anything About WiFi incompatibilites..)

Help would be awesome! Thanks!

PS I understand German and English, answer in any language, I try to answer back in the same

• I guess the the BCM4328 is to old for Mojave.

If you check the following link, for Wifi devices supported in Sierra to Catalina, you will find them (BCM43328) in the "unsupported" section:

https://osxlatitude.com/forums…ab=comments#comment-86614

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• It would check the supported Wifi cards from the link above, to find a Broadcom-based mini-PCIe-Version, that fits in your old iMac.
    I guess the old card uses 2 antennas, so make sure you buy a new card which contains the amount of antenna sockets.

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• oh ok.. isnt it easier to buy a usb WiFi stick like the TP-link Archer T3U that works on 10.14 according to Amazon? Not sure I buy the Right one, dont really know where to look for the compatibilty..

• The issue with those USB-Adapters is the missing integration in all the Apple-specific Services.

Some of the stuff like AirDrop, HandOff, etc. won't work.

Gruß
    Al6042

• After all the ION Name pci14e4:4328 turned out to be a hint that it is the BCM4321 device.. Little confusing however with the newest patcher it turned out to work just fine now with my Mac.. Thanks for the help though!

• Great...

thanks for the response.

This thread will be marked as resolved.

Gruß
    Al6042

• Community Bot

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt