Lilu/WhateverGreen and Ozmosis - Graphics in Mojave

• Hi All,

I've got a Mojave build running on my Z77X-UD5H board very nicely, after a full re-install and a bit of toing and froing with Clover.

I ditched Clover and am now back to Ozmosis; however I have the issue where Preview won't load JPEGs - I'm informed this is an issue with hardware acceleration in Finder.

I'm using an nVidia GTX650TI; which again is running nicely except for this problem. Some digging reveals that Clover installs have got around this problem by using Lilu.kext, Whatevergreen.kext, some BIOS manipulating and Frame Buffer settings in Clover.config.

Has anyone any idea how to implement this in a *Ozmosis* install? I'd really like to get my graphics card running properly as I need to do some app dev stuff in Unity.

Thanks in advance!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von colourofsound () aus folgendem Grund: Brain fart

• Thanks!

Do you have please complete your profile with your hardware setup? It makes the people much easier to help you!

Do have your internal graphics enabled too? It's important to get it working! As far as I know you can use lilu and whatevergreen in Oz!

• Hardware is:

GA-Z77X-UD5H

i7 3770K IvyBridge

Gainward GTX650Ti

16GB RAM

SanDisk 250GB SSD Boot disk

I also have a working 128GB SSD with Sierra on with the same system; so I can flip between the installs.

Internal graphics are enabled yes; I did read that was important. I think the issue is what the equivalent is to Clover's config.plist (I guess its Defaults.plist?) and what is the correct thing to put in there.

Placing the kexts is easy; its configuring them thats the hard part.

Thanks again for your help

• I did not configure these kexts on my system... I "just" dumped them in the kexts-directory.... The only thing I configured was the internal grapics card.

• I did not configure these kexts on my system... I "just" dumped them in the kexts-directory.... The only thing I configured was the internal grapics card.

Hmmm - Kexts directory in EFI or S/L/E?

Do you have faultless operation? The test is whether JPEGs will load in Preview in Finder or the Preview app

• Try this location: /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions/Common

I use Clover and have a faultless operation on preview.

• No such luck for me. Just a blank screen on the GTX650; and if I plug the IGFX in I can see that the OS just freezes at the Apple logo and doesn’t load.

I set my BIOS to initiate the IGFX first. What am I missing?

• You should initiate the 650 only. Can you take a picture of your igfx bios settings and post it here?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jboeren ()

• Everything was set to auto. Set it to init PCI first - same issue.

I can see the the Lilu and WhateverGreen Kexts arent even loaded.

Also, I've edited my SMBIOS in Defaults.plist, but its not changed in About this Mac? Very odd.

• Since when do you get the black screen or freeze? Since the activation of your iGPU or since you use WEG?

Du kommst bei deinem Problem nach dem unendlichsten Versuch nicht weiter? Dann schreib mir eine Nachricht für eine TeamViewer Sitzung. Nur wenn es gar nicht mehr weiter geht!
    Alle anderen Fragen und Anliegen gehören ins Forum.

• I don’t have black screen or freezing issues - the problem is that Preview will not load or show JPEGS. This has been well documented in Clover installs; the fix is to install Lilu & WhateverGreen and/or alter your SMBIOS to be the same/closest matching model Mac to your dedicated GPU.

this issue has been happening since the upgrade to Mojave. It’s been a prevalent issue since High Sierra, apparently.

however, even after putting Lilu and WG in S/L/E they don’t load; and when changing my SMBIOS settings in EFI/Oz/Defaults.plist, my system is showing the changes - almost like they are cached somewhere.

• You have to install WEG to your EFI Partition. What happens in that case?

Du kommst bei deinem Problem nach dem unendlichsten Versuch nicht weiter? Dann schreib mir eine Nachricht für eine TeamViewer Sitzung. Nur wenn es gar nicht mehr weiter geht!

• So preview still doesnt work? Does Lilu and Weg load in IOReg or kextstat?

do you have it working with Ozmosis?

Yes

• No; they’re not loaded. Do I need something in defaults.plist to get them to load?

• Remove the value FirmwareVendor from your defaults but that shouldnt effect WEG... How do you check if its loaded?

• Okay i’ll Give that a try.

I use Kextstat.

many idea why changing the SMBIOS in Defaults.plist isn’t having an effect?