TINU dreht sich im Kreis! Hilfe!

• Ich habe einen 32GB USB2.0 Stick (Intenso) bei dem ich erst über das Terminal versucht habe einen Boot Stick zu generieren.

Dieser wurde nicht erkannt (an keinem USB Anschluss) - hat aber auch was mit Clover nicht funktioniert.

Habe jetzt versucht mit TINU das ganze zu machen, aber werde zum 4 mal in die Auswahl geschickt ob der Stick und das Mojave korrekt sind, und dass ich bestätigen soll, dass er jetzt den Stick platt macht.

Hackintosh "Hansintosh"

• System läuft mit Mojave und Clover 5070, zwei Saffire Pro 40 über Dongles an einer ASUS TBEX-3 Karte tun auch ihren Dienst. Versuch auf Clover 5127 zu kommen scheitert am "Shut down". Bis das nicht geht kein neues Betriebssystem...

Macbook Pro 2011 13" i5 mit Umbauten

• Hatte ihn auf Mac OS Extended Journal (laut disk utility).

Habe jetzt einfach mal APFS draus gemacht um zu sehen ob sich was ändert.

EDIT:

den Stick in ein anderes Datei Format zu formatieren (bei mir APFS) hat wohl geholfen TINU aus dem Loop zu holen - aber das ganze hat so lange gedauert, dass der Akku von meinem MBP am Ende ist, und ich Honk habe natürlich das Ladekabel zuhause vergessen!

Hackintosh "Hansintosh"

• System läuft mit Mojave und Clover 5070, zwei Saffire Pro 40 über Dongles an einer ASUS TBEX-3 Karte tun auch ihren Dienst. Versuch auf Clover 5127 zu kommen scheitert am "Shut down". Bis das nicht geht kein neues Betriebssystem...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hack-Noob ()

• Can you describe the problem in english? I am the developer of tinu so i am the guy to ask for help in case of problems with it.

EDIT: take also a look at the help menu in the menu bar of the app

• Hi, great to have such a direct contact!

I am sorry for the delay, we did not have internet in our region for days due to "a problem in the backbone"...

I experienced the problem that TINU was caught in a loop. It kept prompting that I should confirm the Mojave install app on my mac and the USB stick, and to acknowledge that the USB drive will be deleted and formatted.

I agreed, inserted my password a couple of times, it said formatting is finished and it would start installing the Mojave app, and after a couple of seconds it all started over again from confirming and acknowledging...

I checked the USB drive in disk utility and noted that it seemingly was already in the Mac OS Extended Journal (from an earlier use of the stick).

I changed the format to APFS and TINU worked like a charm!

Tried that with two USB drives - both behaved the same... others seem not to have experienced the same - no idea what happened.

Love the program now.

Hackintosh "Hansintosh"

• Der Stick wird zuerst GUID mit Fat formatiert.

Grüße

Arkturus

"Ein Hackintosh ist wie ein Garten - es gibt immer was zu tun"

• This is strange, maybe your machine has some particular disk drives configuration that i didn't thought when designing tinu, that should be investigated further (so send me a copy of tinu's log if you manage to recreate the issue, please) for the apfs, the format process works slightly differently than the other file systems so that seems to help in this particular case, but i have to investigate the precise cause of the issue

For drives already in GUID TINU itself doesn't apply any format operation, which is instead just done by the apple's "createinstallmedia" utility which is what effectively creates the usb installer, in fact tinu is a better, managed way to use this utility.

So i think that the problem could be that apple's utility has some problems with your drive such that it needed a complete format operation before being used with the utility, because drives which are already in GUID are not formatted by default as i said, so the only format operations made are what by default is performed by apple's utility (which consists in basically formatting the choosen partition to make it an HFS+ partition), in fact with apfs worked because apfs volumes are always forced to be formatted and then TINU gathers back information from the drive after formatting.

For now if it happens again use the "Format the entire usb drive option" in the advanced settings of tinu at the confirmation screen and try to disconnect all the other storage devices you have attached to the computer, except for your mac's boot drive and the usb drive (so put the app store installer in the mac's boot drive) and see if this fixes it

To give you more info i usually test TINU with usb drives formatted with GUID and HFS+ on my macbook pro and on my mac mini and i do more in depth testing with different combinations before releasing and i have a beta testing group for that, so if it was a common error with HFS+ drives i should aready find it, it seems more a problem of your specific case.

• I'll try to see if I can create the problem again.

I used a MacBook Pro late 2011 that got it's logicboard swapped with a mid 2012. I kept my 16GB RAM from the 2011 (which seems to have resulted in some graphic's card issues with freezes - at least once when using TINU but seems to be a coincidence).

I created a fusiondrive with an internal SSD and the original HDD some years back. OS is High Sierra.

The USB drive was a USB 2.0 in each case. One with 16GB and one (first one tried) with 32GB.

Hackintosh "Hansintosh"

• Hi, so I got an update from some tests.

If the USB stick I was using had been formatted e.g. via terminal to be "install macos" sticks TINU is going in circles. Happen when first try to install did abort due to install failure or when the stick could not be ejected correctly.

Also, I have an "Intenso" 32GB stick that does not allow me to make it an install stick - no matter what I try.

For me it worked best to have 8 or 16GB sticks that are formatted into mac extended journaled with disk utility before I use TINU.

My MBP crashing seems to be an issue with the board, the chip, or the connector for the RAM - shitty eBay upgrade with old parts :(

Hackintosh "Hansintosh"

• Community Bot

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt