WhateverGreen

• Kext updater tells me the update WhateverGreen. My graphics card is Intel HD530 and I have no problems in Mojave. Will this update help?

It would help me to update to a faster start Mojave on the SSD. 30 seconds is sad....

Windows start approx. 12 sec.

• Using WEG likely won't hurt you, but you should remove some Clover options if present (graphic ACPI renames, disablegfxfirmware boot arg, fake id, ig-platform-id and inject intel).

Regarding slow boot: On Mojave this often is caused by TRIM being enabled while using APFS. On some Samsung SSDs this cannot be disabled. You might want to check that.

• Thank you for your response.

I installed the kext IntelGraphicsFixup v1.2.7. No change, so for the HD530 graphics card, I do not see why to install WhateverGreen.

For CMMChris, the SSD has a Crucial MX300 and the start is the same when the TRIM is off or on.

• On the clover boot screen, select your boot entry and hit the space bar. Then you can select verbose boot (-v).

• I do not know how long the MAC original on the SSD disc, but 25-30 sec. will probably be minimal.

I tried everything but still started around 25 seconds.

• Regular booting time is between 5 to 7 seconds (counting starts when the white progress bar is visible) on a "regular" Mac with internal (PCI) SSD. Takes around 2-3 seconds longer when the Mac model is prior 2015. Booting time for Macs with SATA SSD is around 12 to 15 seconds. Just to give you a perspective. 25-30 seconds is booting time for a Mac with spinning HD.

• On my Macbook 12 inch 2017 with 10.13.6 quite fresh system its 30 second from button push to desktop, quite fast in my opinion. Just Lightroom and PSD installed.

I´ve never seen 5 seconds boot time on a Mac. Perhaps with nothingh installed, pure system.

• This is probably worth a different thread, I like to suggest. For comparable results the measurement of the booting time should follow some standard.

As I have stated in post #9: "counting starts when the white progress bar is visible"

Measurement in posting #10 says instead: "from button push to desktop" – so following a different approach.

We all know this:

• There is a difference between "cold (hard) boot" and "warm boot" – see here: Eplanation
    • There is a difference between a Macintosh with T1 and T2 chip – and of course Macs without the presence of Tx chip technology.
    • There is a difference between a Hackintosh and a Mac.
    • There is a difference if you measure the time "until the desktop appears" and the time needed "until the login screen" appears. Let alone the fact that the "appearing desktop" does not mean that you can work on there right away (as we all know very well from a booting Windows). It even can take a few seconds on a Mac desktop to be functional – depending on the settings for the apperance of the icons and the "clutter" you have on your desktop.

The first 3 points have a significant impact on the time until the "white progress bar" is visible. This is what I like to call "pre-boot procedure" – dependig on the amount of RAM installed, presence of installed hardware and even more individually configurated hardware-related stuff. It might make sense to include the "pre-boot procedure" into the whole time needed – but the results vary a lot and are meaningless if you are trying to figure out what might have gone wrong (or well) with your system configuration.

And measuring the time "until the desktop appears" is depending very much on the individual configuration of any user account. I therefore strongly suggest not to count to "the desktop". For the sake of a better comparision, the booting process should be considered to be "finished" when the login screen appears.

This is the reason I am counting the time whilst the "white progress bar" is visible. The installed system is performing various steps to get along with the drivers during this time and the hardware (mostly with the graphics engine at the second half of the progress bar). This is very meaningful because it tells you something about the "health" of your system installation.

Just my 2 cents.

• Community Bot

Hat das Label Erledigt hinzugefügt