MSI Z270 Gaming M7 + i7-7700K

• Hello all,

First off, mein deutsch ist nicht sehr gut, so I'll be posting this in English. If your replies must be in English that is fine.

I'm wondering if I want to be able to use Ozmosis with this motherboard? https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-GAMING-M7

A report on the latest bios flash shows bytes Free: 3DA714 (3945 KB) bytes Used: 5658EC (5526 KB) - so there is plenty of room for Ozmosis and probably all the kexts I'll need to make the system work.

I planned on going with the iMac 18,3 SMBIOS as that matches the processor.

The processor is Kaby Lake.

Will this be possible at all? I see that Z170 was done, but not Z270 yet.

Thanks!

• Hi and welcome to the forum... :)

The Ozmosis ROMs for the Z170 Boards are not really working as expected, so we didn't really try anything else.

Also the current OZM version and the Ozmosis-Tools are not really capable of working with the AptioV-based ROMs for Sky-, Kaby- and Coffeelake Systems.

Since Clover is more flexible and adjustable, we prefer to use it as the bootloader for Skylake and above bases Mainboards.

I guess you better work with clover...

Gruß
    Al6042

Keine Unterstützung per PN oder Pinnwand... Eure Anfragen gehören ins Forum, nicht in mein Postfach!

• Ah crud... I've never had luck with Clover... but I guess if that is my only option I'll have to give it a shot when I get the new hardware.

Thanks!