[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming + RX 580 Nitro+ [EFI im Anhang]

• tronplayer

Thanks for the info. I assumed that so I stay on 10.14.1 because everything is working fine. I wouldnt upgrade until 10.14.5
    It seems that the new SMBIOS versions (for the new iMac's) are supported in a "special" build of 10.14.4

iMac 19,1: i9 9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra @ F9 | ASUS TUF 6900XT | 970 Evo | macOS 11.7 | OpenCore 0.6.7

• Startpost aktualisiert und Dateien für 10.14.5 hinzugefügt.

Dr.Stein
    Fotos hinzugefügt :)

iMac 19,1: i9 9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra @ F9 | ASUS TUF 6900XT | 970 Evo | macOS 11.7 | OpenCore 0.6.7

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Kazuya91 () aus folgendem Grund: Push

• Das sieht doch mal mega gut aus. Genau mein Geschmack

• @Kazuya91

Hello,

I am sorry that I do not write in Germany.

I encountered problems on your settings.

1. I would like to ask you why you're using "SYMBIOS iMac Pro 1.1"? This is iMac 19.1.

2. Do you have profile 1 (XMP) running in the "BIOS"?

3. Do you lose USB ports after you go out of sleep?

4. Do you have a problem with memory allocation from AptioMemoryFix?

My computer does not work with it, and I have the same as you.

Thanks.

• contakt.box

1. Because according to some users here in the Forum, if you have a RX or VEGA card, it is better to use the iMac Pro. But the other one should work too.

2. Yes i have XMP activated. But my RAM supports XMP. Some RAMs dont.

3. I deactivated sleep. Not using it.

4. What does not work?

• Hi can somebody pls help me...i'm stuck at the MacOS Utilities when i click on install MacOS nothing happens, My mother board is Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, Processor is i7 8700, my video card is Sapphire Pulse RX 580, my SSD is Sandisk SSD Plus 480GB Media, memory is Ballistic 2x8gb i download and used the EFI posted in this thread...

• treblA

This is a weird bug many people have. I had the same problem on another system long time ago. Didnt know how I fixed it. Is it the newest version of macOS? How did you create the USB drive? Maybe try to create it with TINU and try another USB Port.

• Maybe try another usb stick?

Gruß CrusadeGT

• Thanks @Kazuya91 and CrusadeGT will try another USB installer (Yes it works use another USB stick [wech][wech])

iMac Pro 1,1

Intel Core i7 8700

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming

Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Sandisk SSD Plus 480GB Media

Ballistic sport 2x8Gb

macOS 10.14.5

Clover 4920

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von treblA ()

• Hi can somebody pls help me...i'm stuck at the MacOS Utilities when i click on install MacOS nothing happens, My mother board is Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, Processor is i7 8700, my video card is Sapphire Pulse RX 580, my SSD is Sandisk SSD Plus 480GB Media, memory is Ballistic 2x8gb i download and used the EFI posted in this thread...

treblA If it helps, feel free to try my EFI, since I have almost the same hardware configuration as yours...
    macOS Mojave 10.14 Lauffähige Systeme (EFI-Sammelthread)

• treblA If it helps, feel free to try my EFI, since I have almost the same hardware configuration as yours...
    macOS Mojave 10.14 Lauffähige Systeme (EFI-Sammelthread)

Thanks swissborder....tried your EFI and it install smoothly, my problem now is how to boot via SSD it won't boot if i removed the usb installer...can u give me the instructions on how to boot via the ssd....thanks in advance

iMac Pro 1,1

Intel Core i7 8700

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming

Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Ballistic sport 2x8Gb

macOS 10.14.5

Clover 4920

• treblA
    Why change the EFI from mine to his if the installation went fine with another stick? Didnt it run well?

EDIT: You have to install Clover this time on the EFI of the SSD (not the stick) and copy the files from the EFI from the USB drive to the EFI of the SSD. Then you have clover on the SSD, so you dont need the USB drive anymore.

• treblA
    Why change the EFI from mine to his if the installation went fine with another stick? Didnt it run well?

EDIT: You have to install Clover this time on the EFI of the SSD (not the stick) and copy the files from the EFI from the USB drive to the EFI of the SSD. Then you have clover on the SSD, so you dont need the USB drive anymore.

Hi Kazuya91 your EFI run but the problem is it won't boot to the SSD if the USB is removed....that's why i tried his EFI but still the same it won't boot with out the usb stick....so what i need to do now is download the latest clover and install it on the efi in the SSD and copy the EFI folder from the usb installer is that correct? sorry i'm new with this...is this the file i need to download? Clover EFI Bootloader 2.4.4920....thanks in advance

iMac Pro 1,1

Intel Core i7 8700

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming

Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Ballistic sport 2x8Gb

macOS 10.14.5

Clover 4920

• treblA

I think you missunderstood some basics. It does not matter which EFI you take, Clover has to be installed on the EFI of the SSD so the USB drive is not needed. Because the bootloader is always needed to start macOS since macOS is locked for normal computers.

• treblA

I think you missunderstood some basics. It does not matter which EFI you take, Clover has to be installed on the EFI of the SSD so the USB drive is not needed. Because the bootloader is always needed to start macOS since macOS is locked for normal computers.

i'm sorry im confused because this is my 1st build...

iMac Pro 1,1

Intel Core i7 8700

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming

Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Ballistic sport 2x8Gb

macOS 10.14.5

Clover 4920

• treblA

Ok, i try to tell it to you as easy as possible. Clover is the bootloader. You need Clover to start macOS. When you created the stick, you started the Clover installer and chose the USB drive as the destination where Clover shall be installed. So now you got Clover on the USB drive to start macOS. After that, you booted from the USB drive to install macOS. Now macOS is installed on the SSD, but the bootloader is not on the SSD. Just macOS... Thats why you still need the USB drive to boot macOS.

So all you have to do is install Clover on the SSD drive as well ! Its the same process when creating the Clover USB drive except this time when you start the Clover installer, you choose the SSD drive as the destination. After clover is installed on the EFI of the SSD, you take the files from the EFI of the USB drive and copy it to the EFI of the SSD. After that you can choose the SSD drive in the BIOS as boot media and you can start macOS without the USB drive.

I hope that I could explain it to you. I cant explain it easier.

• Thanks a lot Kazuya91 appreciated it a lot!!! one last thing is this the right file that i needed to install in the ssd? Clover EFI Bootloader 2.4.4920

iMac Pro 1,1

Intel Core i7 8700

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming

Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Ballistic sport 2x8Gb

macOS 10.14.5

Clover 4920

• treblA
    Yeah you can take the Clover Version 4920. Thats right.

• Thank you so much guys specially to Kazuya91 my build is working now it's booting now on my SSD...next step is to install vmware fusion for Windows 10...so i can do dual booting :-)

iMac Pro 1,1

Intel Core i7 8700

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming

Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Ballistic sport 2x8Gb

macOS 10.14.5

Clover 4920

• treblA
    Your welcome. I would just get an extra SSD drive for Windows so you can choose in Clover bootmenu which Operating System you want to start.