macOS Mojave Ozmosis BETA − OZ167X-XMAX

• You were missing a defaults.plist in your ROM...

I reworked your ROM, there you go:

Dateien

• HZ141.rom

(3,15 MB, 102 Mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Du kommst bei deinem Problem nach dem unendlichsten Versuch nicht weiter? Dann schreib mir eine Nachricht für eine TeamViewer Sitzung. Nur wenn es gar nicht mehr weiter geht!
    Alle anderen Fragen und Anliegen gehören ins Forum.

• edit by @grt -- zitat entfernt

Thanks for your help,I will try it.
    Is there any different between putting the defaults.plist in the ROM and the directory /efi/OZ?

I usually put the defaults.plist in the directory /efi/OZ and it works in 10.11~10.13.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von grt ()

• No, but it's necessary that there is a defaults somewhere...

Please delete your defaults for the Installation process...

Du kommst bei deinem Problem nach dem unendlichsten Versuch nicht weiter? Dann schreib mir eine Nachricht für eine TeamViewer Sitzung. Nur wenn es gar nicht mehr weiter geht!

• @seabo1224 please don't quote full posts.. you can write a @'name of the user' instead :danke:

ersthilfe vor ort für altes zeugs (-> laptops) 8)

berliner häckinTosh.stammTisch am 3.monatsmittwoch im maxFish/kunsthaus ACUD

der stammtisch in berlin ist WIEDER DA!! nächster termin voraussichtlich: mittwoch 15.9.21, 19.00 uhr

• @kuckkuck I don't think @'seabo1224 's problem caused by where is the ozmosisdefaults located,cause I have same problem with my HD4600,when I want to boot Mojave,I must use only dedicated card,otherwise I'll see the frozen apple logo and no progress bar.
    I have told this to @cecekpawon,he said he couldn't do anything.
    And in sanelymac,the guy named TypeThree said following:

For me it works just normal... I can't say what the problem is and why Mojave refuses to boot for some people when iGPU and dedicated GPU are activated.
    I had that problem in the beginning and the only way I could start Mojave with both GPUs, was when I had Mojave as the first boot priority, entered the BIOS and exited it again without saving (the behaviour doesn't make sence to me).
    Then I reset my BIOS to defaults and ever since that day I can start Mojave completely normal with both GPUs activated.
    Maybe somebody has a clue what this might be about...

I have tried many times according to the above methods,but not always works.

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4790 4.0ghz
    Mainboard:GA-Z97N-WIFI
    Graphics:AMD Radeon™ PRO WX5100
    RAM:16GB DDR3 1600mhz G.Skill&Team
    OperatingSystem:macOS High Sierra
    Bootloader:OZ-XMAX based on F7

• still stuck in Mac logo

When you were using your dedicated GPU, did you disable your iGPU in your BIOS?

@taoarch I know of this problem but as far as I am concerned it's only present when both iGPU and ded. GPU are used. Normally the MojaveBoot should work when only one GPU is activated, so it should work too, when only the HD4000/HD4600 is present...

The whole issue is very weird because the error appears so early in the boot process that I don't think that any driver or AGDP could possibly be responsible for that. Also I really don't understand why Clover users don't face this issue. There has to be some patch that Clover automatically applies, that Ozmosis doesn't perform (maybe MSR or Lapic but I tested that and that wasn't the issue).
    Also I experienced that issue too but very inconsistently. Sometimes the PC would just work as normal with both GPUs and one restart later the Ozmosis Logo would freeze, no verbose output (too early in the boot process?)
    I don't know if this could have anything to do with Ozmosis internal AptioFix or similar. I don't know if there's a difference for AptioFix (or the problematic memory-sections) if the iGPU is activated or not. Maybe @Download-Fritz could help us with that. ?( The fact though, that the issue is that inconsistent, let's me think that it could be AF related...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kuckkuck ()

• I don't know if this could have anything to do with Ozmosis internal AptioFix or similar. I don't know if there's a difference for AptioFix (or the problematic memory-sections) if the iGPU is activated or not. Maybe @Download-Fritz could help us with that. ?(

I know of an Oz AF bug which, in very unlikely conditions, could cause freezes, reboots or anything really. I can't really recommend keeping to use it at this point.
    If you want to be sure, disable Oz' AF via "-norelocate" and load AptioMemoryFix instead, while that might cause issues on its own...

• @Download-Fritz Excuse me,how to "disable Oz' AF via "-norelocate" and load AptioMemoryFix instead"?
    I put
    " <key>norelocate</key>
    <true/>"
    under Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101 or Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82
    in ozmosisdefaults.plist ,then covert it and aptiomemoryfix.efi to ffs,insert them to bios ,but it doesn't work at all!
    thx!

• -norelocate is a bootargument...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von kuckkuck ()

• 8o It doesn't work either...did you try it?
    @kuckkuck

• No I did not try it but I would redommend loading AptioFix with load (Shell) for testing purposes. Also I'd recommend starting boot.efi manually through shell with the selected boot options: fsX: ... boot.efi -norelocate

I don't know if this could have anything to do with Ozmosis internal AptioFix or similar.

Since the issue is so early in the boot process, I have the feeling that we are on the right track...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von kuckkuck ()

• @kuckkuck

For me, iGPU HD4600 on Z97MD3H, work out of the box with your rom :danke:

Added only Lilu + Whatevergreen + AppleAlc for hdmi audio and fix some crashes when video popped out on Safari.

now rok solid without any headache...:danke2:

iMAc: GAZ97M D3H, intel I5 4460, HD4600, BIOS F5 mit Ozmosis 1479

• Happy to hear that feedback! Enjoy! ;)

• IQSV

If I boot from the boot menu, then after the appearance of the apple, it will immediately restart. But if I am loading from Hermit Shell, as in the screenshot, the system is loading. Thought that a problem with Darboot. Already removed it from the BIOS. The problem is not in it. I now wonder why it loads from Shell, and if I add an entry to the boot menu, then no. Any ideas? AptioFix and -norelocate does not work.

• Does the issue also appear when you disable the iGPU in your BIOS?

• Can you start the OS using BootOverride in BIOS?

• With the IGPU disabled, everything is working fine.

Most likely wrong ApplePlatformID and/or wrong RAM amount for the iGPU.

Had this happen to me as well. With the wrong ID and right amount of RAM for the iGPU I got reboots. Also with right ID and wrong amount of RAM.

Addendum:

Intel HD4000, connectors and RAM on blog.stuffedcow.net