MacOS effort for Xiaomi Mi Notebook & Gaming laptop series

• First of all sorry for my English. I found HF.de to be a very attractive place for discussion about Hackintosh effort in general. I will make an effort to translate all post into German after my initial release statement.

This post is to start of with to create a build for all Xiaomi Notbook (Air / Pro) & Gaming Laptop series. As I got my hands on a couple of these laptops within these series I decided to build a general build.
    I'll update the post in the near future with in-detail install instructions. For support and downloads please refer to the github project page and open an issue. Below you will find the release notes:

MacOS effort for Xiaomi Notebook (Air/Pro) & Gaming Laptop series
    The project goal is to develop and maintain MacOS support for all Xiaomi Notebook (Air / Pro) & Gaming Laptops.

Install instructions
    https://github.com/influenist/…master/Mi-NB-Air-125-7y30

Mi-NB-Gaming-Laptop-MacOS pre-release
    ## Currently Supported devices:
    Mi-NB-Air-12-7y30

## Notes
    Hotpatch ACPI method, you need to extract your own DSDT.aml to create a bootable working EFI. Place your DSDT.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin. This release beta is stable and bootable yet please test is out on your USB first!

## What is working in this release:
    - CPU
    - GFX
    - HDMI GFX
    - CPU PM
    - Trackpad
    - Sound (Speaker + 3.5 Jack)
    - Brightness control
    - Sleep
    - USB-C
    - USB 3.0

## Non-working:
    - Internal Intel Wifi + BT (An M.2 upgrade module is confirmed to be working and being developed to support full BT via USB interface without soldering)
    - HDMI Sound
    - Multitouch gestures

## Known issues:
    - Headphone jack issues after replug. Issue resolves after sleep.

Release is available on Github: https://github.com/influenist/…ing-Laptop-MacOS/releases

Credits
    - Rehabman
    - Vit9696
    - Pike R. Alpha
    - Toleda, Mirone
    - Alexandred
    - Daliansky

• Any more details on the "M.2 upgrade module"?

• Enable HDPI support for Notebook Air and Pro.

Please see the Github instruction ons how to enable HIDPI on your Laptop. This script it rewriten to your specific Air or Pro. Currently supporting Notebook Air 12.5 and Pro.
    https://github.com/influenist/…-for-Mi-NB-Gaming-laptops

• I am sorry to bother you but you are my last hope! Before all, thank you very much for all the efforts you are putting into this project because Xiaomi Notebooks are a real piece of gold in the hackintosh scenario so it is important that more and more people focuses on them.

Now let's go back to the topic: I downloaded your EFI folder and put it in my vanilla USB installer (made with terminal), the installer boots up but the touchpad doesn't work. Unless I didn't get it wrong, from what you wrote, the touchpad should have been working during the installer, too. So since I don't have an USB hub at the very moment, I want to know if I did something wrong.

THANK YOU <3

UPDATE: Finally I managed to install the OS with a USB mouse attached to an hub. Almost everything works out of the box, but I not the touchpad, wich doesn't recognise two fingers scroll or two fingers right button click.
    I've uploaded my CLOVER folder and outputs from IoReg, Hackintosh Info script and two images from DCPI manager.

• Hi, I bought xiaomi gaming laptop 8th (2018).

XiaoMi Gaming Laptop Intel Core I7-8750H GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 16GB RAM DDR4 256GB 15.6"

I replaced the internal hard drive with a 10.13.6 clone and copied the EFI but the system does not start. Do you have any ideas on how to solve the problem?

• Are u disabled the 1060 in Bios?

he needs to run only the Iris Pro 630

And can you take a Picture from verbose boot?

Hardware: MacBook Pro 13" Retina Erly 2015/ Intel Core i5-5257U i5-5287U/ Intel Iris Pro 6100/ 8GB RAM

Mein Ryzentosh: ASRock B450M Pro4/ Ryzen 5 2600 / Ballistix 3600 CL16 / Asus Strix RX 580 8GB / (GC-WB1733D-I Bloetooth 5 Wlan 2x2 802.11ac)

Bruder PC: ASUS Z170-P D3/ i5-6600K/ Intel HD 530/ BRCM4352/ ALC 887/ Intel Ethernet Server Adapter I350-T2

• UHD Graphics 630

iMac17,1 GA-Z170N WiFi F22f |i5-6600 HD530 |RX560 |16GB |250GB SSD |macOS 14.4 |*
    MacBook9,1XiaoMi Air 12,5"(erster XiaoMi im Forum)|M3 6Y30 HD515 |4GB |128 & 250GB SSD |macOS 11.6 |Clover
    MacBookPro15,4XiaoMi-Pro-15,6" |i5-8250U UHD620 |8GB |250 & 250GB SSD |macOS 14.4 |*
    MacBookPro16,1XiaoMi RedMi 14" (erster RedMe im Forum)|i7-10510U | 8GB | 512GB SSD | macOS 14.4 |*
    MacMini8,1 NVISEN Y-MU01(erster NVISEN im Forum)|i7-10510U |24GB |256GB SSD |macOS 14.4 |*
    MacMini8,1HYSTOU S210H (Adventskalender vs. DSM2 samt Fake Profil)|i9-9880H UHD630|32GB |250GB SSD |macOS 14.4 |*
    MacMini8,1HYSTOU P05B (erster Hack mit OpenCore im Forum)|I7-8550U UHD620|16GB |500GB SSD |macOS 14.4 |*

* BootLoader OpenCore REL-100-2024-03-12

Experte ist nicht immer gleich Expertise

• no, I checked the bios but I can not disable NVIDIA.so the NVIDIA is not compatible with 10.13.6?
    when I start in verbose, the monitor turns black and I do not see anything .. I think the notebook is blocked.

• Is the disk image you cloned from the same model and BIOS version? If not, you need to reinstall. You shouldn't disable Nvidia GPU because you have a 1060 that is not a mobile version, so you can try to download the web drivers for high sierra and see if the GPU works.

In the worst scenario you could try setting a desktop SMBIOS, but first, try to reinstall and use web drivers.

• Mi Gaming Laptop is not covered in my build yet. Sorry. You should first create your installation USB with appropriate EFI. In your case you could try out the Mi Notebook Pro build as it is close to your HW config. It still needs changes though!

• You can use "cVad's Boot Disk Utility" to create a macOS recovery stick from Windows. This will enable you to use internet install. Of course you need to make sure to have a working internet connection which isn't always possible on a Hackintosh during the installation process.

LG Chris

Meine Hardware:

• Edit by derHackfan: Bitte keine Vollzitate verwenden.

Thanks for the hint. I'll add it to the instructions.

• Hi guys. The build is updated to Mojave and now comes with base clock speed of 600mhz under low loads (~6 hours of battery life). Also support for i5 7y54 has been added. Also added @CMMChris mention regarding the internet installer. Please check the repo on Github or let me know in case you run into an issue.

• Hi influenist, i'm willing to install mojave or an other mac os on my Xiaomi gaming laptop 2018 i7-8750h. 2 month ago i find your tutorial but now it seems that the link is dead :( . could you please repost your tutorial or post an updated link.

thank you very much for your great post