El Capitan auf dem T61? Ja aber sicher doch!

• Def. war die Platte anscheinend nicht, hab sie nochmal ausgebaut, an einem anderen Rechner neu formatiert und dann alles nochmal neu und nu is gut. Der „alte“ Hobel ist ganz schön flott!

Danke und Gruß

2.) 13.5 auf x250 i7 2.6GHz 8GB HD5500 auf 500GB SSD mit OC 8.8

3.) BS + Win10 auf Q520 mit OC

4.) 10.6.8 auf eeePC

5.) Surface Pro 7 mit Ventura & Win11

• Naja dann waren auf der Platte vermutlich nich Reste einer zuvor fehlgeschlagenen Installation. Ich habe das auch schon mehrfach gehabt das sich der Installer dann in der zweiten Phase verhaspelt hat hier hilft dann oft wirklich ein externes formatieren weiter kann auch sein das der Apple Ordner mit dem Firmware Update sich in der EFI Partition eingenistet hatte und es daher zu dem Verhalten kam. Wie auch immer wenn es nun geht ist doch alles gut und mit persönlich geht immer wieder das Herz auf wenn ich lesen kann das eines der guten alten T61 nach wie vor seinen Dienst tut. Mein T61 und auch das T60 sind inzwischen mehr oder weniger reine Museumsstücke. Das T60 läuft nach wie vor auf Lion (mehr geht bei dem auch wirklich nicht mehr) und das T61 mit El Capitan und auch das wird auf dem Stand bleiben. Meine täglichen Begleiter im Notebook Bereich sind inzwischen ein T430 und ein Thinkpad S240 Yoga (Yoga S1). Die beiden alten Stücke werden nur noch selten in Betrieb genommen aber laufen beide nach wie vor und es würde mir im Traum nicht in den Sinn kommen eines oder gar beide abzugeben :)

• Der „alte“ Hobel ist ganz schön flott!

Ja sicher. Die alten Teile werden oft unterschätzt. Ich kann nur von meinem T61p ausgehen mit SSD und nun im Vergleich mein T450s mit SSD.

Die Bootzeiten sind absolut nicht schlechter mit einem T61p. Im laufenden System ist das neuere System leicht besser beim Starten der App's etc., aber die alten Dinger sind so schlecht auch nicht. Bei meinem T61p ging alles super, bis ich ihn abgegeben habe.

Medion P9614: C2D 2,8GHz 8GB DDR3 GT330M 512GB FullHD intern BCM WLAN/BT SSD 512GB + 512GB + 1TB macOS Catalina / Win10pro 8)

Real: MacMini M1: 8GB 32" LG 4k SSD 250GB + 1TB nvme USB-C + 1TB thunderbolt nvme macOS 14.4.1

MacBook Air M2 15": 8GB SSD 512GB macOS 14.4.1

MacMini2014: i5 2,8GHz 16GB DDR3 Intel Iris 5100 23" Apple-Cinema 1TB NVMe / 1TB HDD macOS 13.6.6

iPhoneSE 3.Gen 128GB: iOS 17.4.1 iPad Pro 9,7" WiFi 32GB: iPadOS 16.7.7 MacPro3,1 macOS 13.6.4 / 14.4

• Hey For whatever reasons I'm having trouble installing Catalina on my T61. Im using the latest clover r5120, copied over MacPeet Clover flies, clicked generate to generate my own serial, saved it, plugged it up, but no go.

• MacPeet`s Clover was created with an older version of Clover, it has a different structure. If you mess it with Clover 5120 it won`t regocnize the drivers-folder.

Use MacPeet`s Clover without updating to 5120.

• MacPeet`s Clover was created with an older version of Clover, it has a different structure. If you mess it with Clover 5120 it won`t regocnize the drivers-folder.

Use MacPeet`s Clover without updating to 5120.

How would I do that without using the latest clover? Cant I just use the latest clover and copy over MacPeet files into the appropriate folders(which I've tried; didnt work)

• you have to install (not only copy the efi-folder into the efi-partition) clover in bios/mbr mode, then compare the contents from macPeet's efi-folder with your fresh installed one, look for updated versions of the containing ...kext and ...efi-files, and if there are existing updates use them instead in the appropriate folders.

ersthilfe vor ort für altes zeugs (-> laptops) 8)

berliner häckinTosh.stammTisch am 3.monatsmittwoch im maxFish/kunsthaus ACUD

der stammtisch in berlin ist WIEDER DA!! nächster termin voraussichtlich: mittwoch 15.9.21, 19.00 uhr

• you have to install (not only copy the efi-folder into the efi-partition) clover in bios / mbr mode, then compare the contents from macPeet's efi-folder with your fresh installed one, look for updated versions of the containing ... text and ... efi-files, and if there are existing updates use them instead in the appropriate folders.

I swear I've done that. I used Clover r5120, than copied the drivers64 files from MacPeet drivers into my drivers / BIOS folder, copied the ACPI folder, config.plist, and neccessary kexts. Trying as I type this...

• please don't quote full postings.. especially, if the quoted contents are short before your new post. if you want to address someone directly, you can write @ followed by the username.

can you post a picture from the verbose boot of your thinkpad (attach it over this platform, no external filehoster please), and describe more precise, what happens, when you try to boot?

der stammtisch in berlin ist WIEDER DA!! nächster termin voraussichtlich: mittwoch 15.9.21, 19.00 uhr

• kay2wild Why don`t you use MacPeet`s Efi "as it is" with no updated Clover. Just give it a try - updates can be done later.

• did you adjust your bios correctly? especially -> security > execution prevention = enabled?

• I only see the CLOVER.zip that was uploaded on page 34. I dont see any EFI uploaded by MacPeet. Can you direct me to it?

This is the Thread: El Capitan auf dem T61? Ja aber sicher doch!

Structure is "EFI/EFI/CLOVER", so i called it the EFI (in fact it`s Clover without folder EFI).

• Thats the exact same file I've been using for like a month now. I've tried replacing the entire CLOVER folder. I've tried using the latest clover and putting the efi files in their appropriate driver> BIOS folder, go to SMBIOS generate a serial save it, and nothing.

Ive been trying with Catalina, should i try to use High Sierra

• Title of the thread is "El Capitan on the T61 ? For sure!"

I think that could be the clue...

• "El Capitan on the T61 ? For sure!"

und später sagt macPeet "catalina...." ist schon richtig.

but kay2wild what kind of T61 do you own? is it a model with, or without nvidia?

• MacPeet did say for Catalina on page 34

Sorry, i missed that point.

I tried to update the MacPeet-EFI to actual Clover, kexts & drivers. Give it a try.